Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: An easy way to boost your private tracker ratio!

NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    true IdolEyes787...

may i suggest the trashbin ???
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    My first thought.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-03-2009 at 03:58 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post

and no matter how you try to rationalize this.. it's still not a acceptable to tracker staff/owners and certainly not fair to the people who actually bring in the torrents to the sites in the first place..
    You say preseeding isn't acceptable to tracker staff/owners, but I happen to know many tracker staff/owners that actually do it and promote it, so who are you speaking for?

I am not going to try and explain to you how preseeding isn't a bad thing as I already tried in vain in my previous posts.

It is pretty obvious that your idea that
    doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts.
    is based on nothing.

seems to me like you should stick with public trackers.. cause with your current position.. your heading for lots of bans if you make that a chronic habit ......
    So I should get banned from trackers because I preseed?

Again, no need to point out how this doesn't make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    you can copy the files to seed them on both trackers (maybe not even necessary to copy. i don't remember)
    Yes that's an interesting idea, you might be able to seed a file to 2 trackers at the same time if you copy the announce adresses and pass keys to the preferences of the torrent.

That's something I haven't done though and it might be impossible, has anybody ever tried something like that?
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-04-2009 at 05:39 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Wow... after Cristopher Columbus, the biggest discoverer.
    Hats off!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodeh View Post
    You say preseeding isn't acceptable to tracker staff/owners, but I happen to know many tracker staff/owners that actually do it and promote it, so who are you speaking for?
    well then, i suggest you stay with them trackers that you're so happy with..

I am not going to try and explain to you how preseeding isn't a bad thing as I already tried in vain in my previous posts.
    then don't....

It is pretty obvious that your idea that
    doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts.
    is based on nothing.
    well, i'm not about to break out the pie charts and specific stats on this, if thats what you really want

i can tell you from personal experience and from speaking with dedicated uploaders from many trackers, and this kind of thing discourages them from making efforts to get them torrents up... and what? you do not think people spend good amounts of money, time and effort to upload to trackers... are you that ignorant?? your arrogance is disgusting on the matter.. the fact you you dismiss peoples efforts like you obviously do is really appauling .

now, you gonna tell me agian what i'm saying is based on nothing??

seems to me like you should stick with public trackers.. cause with your current position.. your heading for lots of bans if you make that a chronic habit ......
    So I should get banned from trackers because I preseed?

Again, no need to point out how this doesn't make any sense
    yes thats exactly what i'm saying ....... but as i stated before you must be way to ignorant to be able to grasp that fact

but anyways dude.... i'm done with this thread and with you... go on with your patheic exsistance and play with your dolls....
    Last edited by jasperr; 02-04-2009 at 06:11 AM.
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    The main problem of "preseeding" in my opinion is if MANY persons do it (40, 50 ...) will be almost impossible to seed back what is leeched.
    But the bt community will soon prepare tougher rules against the "preseeding"
    Last edited by nikita; 02-04-2009 at 06:23 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    this practice is also known as pre-seeding .... which most trackers do not have rules against.. but, its really frowned upon.. personally, i feel its a cheat on the tracker.. many trackers have uploaders that work hard to make sure a tracker has the the new releases up as fast as they can.. note: not all trackers have auto uploaders.. with that said, doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts... it discourages them from wanting to upload anyfurther, which hurts the tracker in the end... and for what?? so some lazy person can make their e-penis grow?? thats one of my pet peives! and you really must be a lamer to think you have to do this.. all it shows is that your a lazy torrenter!

doesn't matter if you have a slow connection.. thats an excuse not a reason as many, many users of tracker can get good ratios by seeding normally.. it might take a bit longer.. but, its absolutely doable.. besides the fact that most tracker now-a-days have FL, Ratio Free, bonuses, ect.. to help their users with ratio if they need help.. if a users can't be bothered with taking advantage of those things proivided.. they have no business using trackers... for lack of common sense!
    You have said as I think almost exactly. If there are 400 leechers and one seeder I can see this being a viable thing to do, as the swarm obvioulsy need assistance, but if you are making this effort for the intention of buffering, then bleh.

To get good ratios on sites there is a tried and true method that has NEVER ONCE FAILED ME, seed.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    easier way will be to download and seed an episode of a popular series such as Lost House Heroes etc
    ofc when they come out

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    I love to hop on scene releases on what and waffles and rape the poor guys without seedboxes. they'll be uploading at 25KB and bam, I've practically stolen all their upload ratio by uploading 10x as much as them by the time the first leech completes.

lol, some of you take this stuff too seriously.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    Jasper:

I'm happy to hear you're leaving this thread as we all saw you had a hard time behaving as a civilized grown up.

I'm however going to ignore your disrespect for the sake of the tread.
    I think we can both agree on one thing, which is the fact that we disagree on this preseeding matter.

Now Back to topic

Quote Originally Posted by pig098 View Post
    easier way will be to download and seed an episode of a popular series such as Lost House Heroes etc
    ofc when they come out
    Yes that is indeed a very good way to buffer your account, and preseeding can help you bypass the wait times on some trackers, which can be very rewarding
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-04-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast