Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: An easy way to boost your private tracker ratio!

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    You suggest hit n' run in the first site to seed at the second.
    you can copy the files to seed them on both trackers (maybe not even necessary to copy. i don't remember)
    i know that. but what he defended was not seeding on the first one, removing immediately the torrent.
    it's a hit n' run. he even defended it later.

@OP: Stoi is a sysop of one of the major trackers in the scene, so we can both assume he has some kind of knowledge about what he is saying. I don't consider myself a noob too, i've been around ... a bit
    but your "technique" is a joke, and though it can pass discretely at some trackers that do not give a shit on hit n' runs, if you ever get invited to a smaller one (which, after such a thread, i doubt it will happen easily), you will see that if you hit n' run there, you won't last long.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-04-2009 at 07:19 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The way he had written the post in big letters, I thought this is a new techinique.

But, alas.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    I love to hop on scene releases on what and waffles and rape the poor guys without seedboxes. they'll be uploading at 25KB and bam, I've practically stolen all their upload ratio by uploading 10x as much as them by the time the first leech completes.

lol, some of you take this stuff too seriously.
    not much friendly to the sense of "sharing" I would say.

I guess you have a really buffered account and your ratio going to the sky for 'what'? In the end you 'pay' for seedbox just to make your ego grows (in most cases), while others don't use it and still have access to the same files as you do.

Ironically you say that we take it too seriously? You're the one with the seedbox

Quote Originally Posted by hoodeh View Post

Now Back to topic
    Man, you should know when to stop.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Rafa's Avatar ... BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    I love to hop on scene releases on what and waffles and rape the poor guys without seedboxes. they'll be uploading at 25KB and bam, I've practically stolen all their upload ratio by uploading 10x as much as them by the time the first leech completes.

lol, some of you take this stuff too seriously.
    LOL of course we take this stuff too seriously... rather than pay a stupid seedbox, I'd spend my sweaty money on drinks, drugs and sex

Now back to topic, where are the news here?

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    CONFUSED MIND BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i have been doing this trick for months,thanks for sharing it in a good spirit

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    not much friendly to the sense of "sharing" I would say.
    the simple solution to that problem would be to rip and upload your own discs. if you're uploading something that other people have access to, some of them are going to seed it with you.

I guess you have a really buffered account and your ratio going to the sky for 'what'?
    can't reach TorrentMaster on what without 500GB uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    Ironically you say that we take it too seriously? You're the one with the seedbox
    try being stuck with a 512kbps/128kbps connection and see if you would use one...

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    but your "technique" is a joke, and though it can pass discretely at some trackers that do not give a shit on hit n' runs, if you ever get invited to a smaller one (which, after such a thread, i doubt it will happen easily), you will see that if you hit n' run there, you won't last long.
    Outside seeding doesn't necessarily imply hit and run.
    You can seed the file back to the tracker before seeding it elsewhere, like advised RizKhan25000, or seed it back to tracker after seeding it elsewhere. You might even be able to seed it to both trackers at once, I'll try that later and probably edit the original post.
    Has anyone ever tried doing that?
    I'd like to hear some feedback on this. I'm thinking there might be different ways to do it. It could maybe even be possible to merge both trackers in the torrent in your client by having both passkeys and tracker announce adresses in it, but I might be wrong.

Tbh I have done a couple hit and runs here and there, I try not to as much as I can, but I don't get a guilty conscience from it either.
    Seriously, if your ratio is positive on the tracker, you are already giving back to the community more than you are taking from it.
    Think about it, if everyone has a good ratio on the tracker, then hit and runs don't matter...
    I'm not going to promote hit and runs, but I really don't think they're that big of a deal either, and many trackers agree since they allow them.

Having a good ratio is what's really important here, and preseeding let's you do that.

I really think you should look at it from a different angle, instead of looking for the negative here.

For what it's worth, I really made this thread with good intentions, to help people share more actively and keep a good ratio. Again, I really think preseeding can be a good thing, and some of you have been very agressive here trying to destroy this thread with negativity, which I really think is uncalled for. You have a right not to agree, but why be angry or mean about it? It's not very constructive...

I'd also really be interested in knowing if anybody ever succeeded in seeding a file to 2 different trackers at the same time, so I can edit the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by raghuveer View Post
    i have been doing this trick for months,thanks for sharing it in a good spirit
    You're welcome!

A good day to all,

H.
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-04-2009 at 09:34 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster

I'd also really be interested in knowing if anybody ever succeeded in seeding a file to 2 different trackers at the same time, so I can edit the original post.
    For sure you can you'll have a torrent file for each of the trackers you want to seed on and they'll be pointing to the same source file on your hdd

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I'm seeding the same file at 4 different trackers ATM, simultaneously.
    you clearly should read around here a bit more before trying to post advice.
    i don't question if your intentions were good or bad, but it's just plain wrong, being done the way you defended.
    Which was, i will summarise:

a) download torrent from site A
    b) stop and delete torrent from site A
    c) download .torrent from site B and seed those files

meaning hit n' run site A for the benefit of site B.

you ask me: do you agree? i say: hell no. It's plain wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post

For sure you can you'll have a torrent file for each of the trackers you want to seed on and they'll be pointing to the same source file on your hdd
    Yeah for some reason I always thought it would screw something up or not work properly. Well this gets rid of the hit and run issue
    --> Original post edited

a) download torrent from site A
    b) stop and delete torrent from site A
    c) download .torrent from site B and seed those files

meaning hit n' run site A for the benefit of site B.

you ask me: do you agree? i say: hell no. It's plain wrong.
    I edited the original post. I think it doesn't have to be that bad though if it's done temporarily, that is by saving the hit and run later(see the post)
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-04-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast