Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: An easy way to boost your private tracker ratio!

CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    this is a technique that almost everyone here has used in some form or another - usuallly without H&R - and if they say they haven't then i would say they are lying.

i don't believe in hit and running and never do. when i had poor upload speed 90kbps. what ever i downloaded from one tracker usually tl i would also seed at all other tracker that had the same torrent. as i usually seed each torrent for at least a couple of months more often than not i would seed 1:1 on the original tracker and boost ratio on the others.

the best way to boost ratio is to be patient and seed seed seed for as long as possible
    Last edited by CPC464; 02-04-2009 at 10:14 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I apologize for my outburst earlier.

But my point still stands, if you are doing it just for your e-penis ratio its wrong.

If you are doing it to help the seeders and the leechers then great, i dont care about it, that is why we will never stop it, because it can be a help, but if you are only doing it for the 1st reason, then to me you may as well not do it at all.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I apologize for my outburst earlier.

But my point still stands, if you are doing it just for your e-penis ratio its wrong.
    i dont think most people try to improve their ratio for e-penis. its a fact that if you have poor ratio you get banned. there are some staff at certain trackers that love to ban members. Going on some irc's and saying "sorry about the crap ratio but my but i have a poor connection i have done my best and given what i can to the community" would be met with tough p1ss off, bye.

i welcome any techniques to improve ratio - just this one was a little obvoius and promoted h&r which is wrong
    Last edited by CPC464; 02-04-2009 at 10:23 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    But if you have a shit upload, then what is the point of trying to help 50 seedbox members doing it.

you still wont upload sod all.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    But if you have a shit upload, then what is the point of trying to help 50 seedbox members doing it.

you still wont upload sod all.
    thats the problem seedboxes. maybe all trackers should be like dididave where they ban known seed box ips and you need permission and a good reason to use one

Last edited by CPC464; 02-04-2009 at 10:36 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    that is the silliest thing i have heard, well its not, if they want to stop cheaters, but if they do it to stop seedboxes its daft.

Without seedboxes there is no speed, it is that simple really.

A torrent with 3 seedbox members on it as the only seeds, and 200 leechers, will go faster than a torrent with 5000 home connection members on it and 10,000 leechers, just because you can only connect to 50 seeders and leechers per torrent, so the chances of getting a fast uploader on the 2nd torrent are slim.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    that is the silliest thing i have heard, well its not, if they want to stop cheaters, but if they do it to stop seedboxes its daft.

Without seedboxes there is no speed, it is that simple really.

A torrent with 3 seedbox members on it as the only seeds, and 200 leechers, will go faster than a torrent with 5000 home connection members on it and 10,000 leechers, just because you can only connect to 50 seeders and leechers per torrent, so the chances of getting a fast uploader on the 2nd torrent are slim.
    Voilā! Now we're talking about good use of seedboxes. Uploading team using seedboxes is not only normal but also necessary and we love it!

But people having seed box just for the sake of their ratio...

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    I don't think too many seedbox r good for track. What about home connection members? Right, your download speed is very fast. Then how can you seed back too keep good ratio? You have to think carefully to download anything.
    Look at some sites, only have 1 or 2 seeds but no leecher. I just can't see any good for the track.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    thats why you have a system that rewards how long you keep seeding

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by sksksk1 View Post
    I don't think too many seedbox r good for track. What about home connection members? Right, your download speed is very fast. Then how can you seed back too keep good ratio? You have to think carefully to download anything.
    Look at some sites, only have 1 or 2 seeds but no leecher. I just can't see any good for the track.
    Seedboxers only seed new stuff for few days, thatīs why we get awesome speeds in new releases, then itīs the turn for regular users to do their part of the job, itīs only required patience, enough space in discs... and the will for sharing.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast