Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: An easy way to boost your private tracker ratio!

Poster BT Rep: +2
    thx man

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sksksk1 View Post
    I don't think too many seedbox r good for track. What about home connection members? Right, your download speed is very fast. Then how can you seed back too keep good ratio? You have to think carefully to download anything.
    Look at some sites, only have 1 or 2 seeds but no leecher. I just can't see any good for the track.
    Seedboxers only seed new stuff for few days, thatīs why we get awesome speeds in new releases, then itīs the turn for regular users to do their part of the job, itīs only required patience, enough space in discs... and the will for sharing.
    I have a decent home connection no seedbox and I rarely have used this technique to increase my ratio. I have uploaded new material, Downloaded freeleech items, and or seeded for weeks to get my ratio to where I wanted it to be. There is many ways to increase ones ratio if one is willing to do it the right way.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    The easiest way to get good ratio if you have a slow line (like mine is) is to have a large HDD and seed over a long time.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    I don't like this idea. I have been guilty of doing so in the past well actually with some other nick ...

The most optimal method for a good ethical torrenter is to download a torrent and then let it seed upto it get around at most 150%. It is important to seed back but it is equally important to not overseed. People with good connections can really kill the normal home users with average connections, by doing so.

Let yourself be in a postion to seed a 20 GB torrent to 3 leechers.. your goal is to atleast seed it back 1:1. and suddenly someone with a upload speed several time more than you start seeding and satisfy all the three leechers in no time. Well he would certainly have improved his statistics. But he would have left you and the additional 3 leechers now seeders to look for more leechers and it can be impossible at times..

Well it is an extreme case but it was necessary to make you understand that seeding back is important but only to the limit it is justified. And here you are actually proposing seeding without any downloading at all to a tracker.

I just hope there would be rules soon to cap the seeding ratio to 150% at the most so that people like you and me would not be able to make it hard for others mostly home users to seed back what they downloaded.

I again repeat my method of preserving your ratio that to be member of at least two trackers. Download from both the trackers but when you notice that your ratio is going down on a particular tracker stop all downloads there and let it on seed only. In the meanwhile download from the other tracker. And don't let your ratio go down a certain limit on any tracker. As soon as you notice your ratio going down a bit on a certain tracker be on alert and stop all downloads and let it on seed only. It is natural way and you would not have to use artificial methods like preseeding . Also don't try to overseed just around 150% is enough and good.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678