Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Usenext is a SCAM ! ! !

i have used usenext once about 2 years ago and after that i didn't like and just left like that. but i got an email last year feb 2008 from usenext stating

your UseNeXT-account has just been renewed for another term.
    Please click on the following link to complete the payment:

https://www.usenext.de/UseNextDE/Mem...--------------

Please make sure that your browser settings allow the use of cookies (Internet Explorer: "Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy"; please activate the option "allow all cookies").

==============================================================
    PLEASE NOTICE:
    You must complete the payment in order to be able to use UseNeXT again. Should the payment remain pending for a total of 10 days, we have to suspend your account for security reasons until the payment has been completed.

It clearly say the account will be suspended.
    But then i got another email about two days ago just after more than one year stating

Reminder

Customer Number: ------

Dear -------

we have not yet received the outstanding payment for your current contract with UseNeXT.
    The reason could be a typing error in your payment details. Alternatively, out-dated data may have been entered during registration.

Please check your payment details immediately following this link:
    http://usenext.de/index.cfm?sInkaUUI...sLangToken=ENG

In case you are prompted, please enter this number: ----------------
    and follow the instructions.

We await your payment until 30.06.2009.

--------------------------------------------

I don't know what shall I do. I mean why should I pay if I haven't used UseNext.
    I think its cheap that they send the reminder after 1 year where I have to pay 105 euro.
    I told them I will not them a single penny but they keep on harassing me.
    What should someone please help me?
    Thanks in advance

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Just don't pay, can't say any better than that :/

This kind of scare tactic is well known method, just ignore them! They might send you more menacing messages but they are just fishing, knowing that a certain percentage of people will pay because they're scared.

Once had this kind of problem with a website hosting company, they renewed an account that i stopped using months before without asking me, then a few months later i received a very menacing letter from another company "specialized" in getting back debts... From the original 25€ they had added about 35€ of fees for their trouble huhhh... Checked on the internet and saw that many people were in the same situation and it was recommended to let them bark... The people who actually tried to respond and explained were only creating more problems

I did receive as planned 2 more very menacing letters and that was it, because they simply can't do anything else =)

You made a mistake going with usenext, and you will receive these emails for some more time, but that's it. Just forget about them

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    newsgroupie
    This company is famous for trying to squeeze money out of people. Others have reported that quitting their service is difficult and complicated -- and they still got billed even though they canceled properly. (one scam victim had even saved screenshots proving he did cancel properly)

How did you pay originally, credit card or Paypal? Have they tried to charge that account once you left?

You also might want to check all your paperwork just to be safe - is it possible that they charged your credit card during the last 2 years and you never knew it?

I've failed to pay for monthly renewals (due to expired credit card) at providers like Giganews. They simply cancel the account when the charge gets rejected. I always use a temporary email address for everything, so I never know what anyone might send me long after I'm done with them.

I once had a "trial" magazine subscription I canceled try to bill me and then turned it over to a "collection agency" that sent a few threatening letters. I never responded and the letters stopped after about a year.

That's apparently a new tactic (for them) that usenext is now employing that I've never seen complaints about before: that UseneXT is trying to make you pay for the previous year when you never once accessed the service (and I'm sure you would have found yourself locked out if you tried)

It's just a suspicion, but I think that UseneXT has probably seen business decline, and they're looking for new ways to generate money. A lot of people will simply hand over their money without a fight when threatened, and useneXT was probably hoping that you were one of them.

My advice: don't pay them anything!. And look into filing a complaint with the proper authorities.
    Last edited by zot; 06-25-2009 at 05:06 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Thanks alot Crack0saurus and zot for your help.
    It was helpful. I guess I will not pay them anything. I think I paid them through paypal at first 2 years ago but I don't know how much did I really pay. That was a long time ago. Because of the fraud I closed that account and made a new one.

But still I don't think other company ask money after 1 year.

Once again thanks alot.
    If any problem I'll let you guys know.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    You didn't mention if If you still have valid id/password at usenext, but if you do, log on and see if there is some "cancel account" option to use in the member area. It won't change anything to the current situation but might give you more peace of mind and prevent them from still sending new emails 2 years from now lol
    Last edited by Crack0saurus; 06-26-2009 at 08:57 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Crack0saurus View Post
    It won't change anything to the current situation but might give you more peace of mind and prevent them from still sending new emails 2 years from now lol
    I do not believe this would stop Usenext from trying to bill or collect money. This outfit is really something else and I wish anyone luck as soon as they hit the "Sign Up' button.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Is there anyway i can complain about UseNext trying to harass me?
    I went to their sites and I can't even compose my own topic.
    As you see we cannot have our own subject. They must have fixed subject.
    So just imagine I had to choose the topic which they have given. Man, I don't want to pay them anything. Since I stopped using UseNext two years ago I don't even know my Login. I thought this website was like Rapidshare, Megaupload where we pay money for fixed time and our account gets suspended if we don't pay. I knew that UseNext was a spam from the day I used it. So I stopped it. But to think they would play such a cheap trick. In Rapidshare and Megaupload if our account gets suspended that means I cannot use it anymore unless I buy a new account which is great. But UseNext sent me this mail one year ago 22 Feb 2008 to be exact: -
    [quote]
    Hello ---------,

your UseNeXT-account has just been renewed for another term.

Please click on the following link to complete the payment:

https://www.usenext.de/UseNextDE/Mem...--------------

Please make sure that your browser settings allow the use of cookies (Internet Explorer: "Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy"; please activate the option "allow all cookies").

PLEASE NOTICE:
    You must complete the payment in order to be able to use UseNeXT again. Should the payment remain pending for a total of 10 days, we have to suspend your account for security reasons until the payment has been completed.

Do you have questions concerning the payment process or do you wish to change your payment method? Please feel free to contact our friendly competent support team at http://usenext.de/index.cfm?DL=sf.
    We usually respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.

Join the UseNeXT download world record attempt and win 1,000:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5vs2ly_grk

Best wishes,

Your

UseNeXT team
    [quote]

I haven't even paid the money how can my account be renewed and the email clearly states that if i don't pay the money within ten days my account will be suspended.

If they wanted money then they should have emailed me each and every month that I have to pay this much amount but after 1 year.

I really want to file a charges against them. If there is please let me know.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by HypeRUpgradE View Post
    Is there anyway i can complain about UseNext trying to harass me? ... I really want to file a charges against them. If there is please let me know.
    If you live in the USA, you can try contacting the BBB and state Attorney General. The most effective place to complain is going to be to German authorities, where UseneXt it located.

I went to their sites and I can't even compose my own topic. As you see we cannot have our own subject. They must have fixed subject. So just imagine I had to choose the topic which they have given.
    That's so people can't start any more topics on their forum named "Usenext is a SCAM !!!"

Man, I don't want to pay them anything. Since I stopped using UseNext two years ago I don't even know my Login. I thought this website was like Rapidshare, Megaupload where we pay money for fixed time and our account gets suspended if we don't pay.
    UseneXt is hardly a normal company. Sending employees to shill discussion forums, Tricking people into having to pay for a whole year, ... the list goes on and on.

I haven't even paid the money how can my account be renewed and the email clearly states that if i don't pay the money within ten days my account will be suspended.
    That's one of the oldest tricks used by shady businesses.

Have you ever got a letter telling you that you've won a prize -- in a contest you're sure you never entered? (but of course you must first send them money to claim your prize.)

It's the same thing as what UseneXt is doing -- trying to trick people into paying for something they otherwise would never have bothered with ... by lying to them and making them believe (incorrectly) that the product or service is already theirs, and then trying to coerce them into parting with their money.

It's just the latest scam by UseneXt. Don't fall for it!
    Last edited by zot; 06-28-2009 at 08:11 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Thank alot zot but unfortunately I live in UK.

Since I haven't visited their website for long I don't know anything about what they are trying to plot about those prizes.

But I think I have had enough of UseNext.
    What if they send me those annoying email?
    I guess I'll take it easy for now.
    Just wondering if I complain police about UseNext.
    Would that be a good idea? Just asking for suggestions.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    newsgroupie
    rewind that - the prize contest I mentioned was just an example of a common scam found everywhere. I did not mean to imply that Usenext is running one of these fake "sweepstakes" - just that Usenext employs similar phychological methods to try to trick people into buying something.

You're in luck - Usenext has a UK address:

Aviteo Ltd.
    Gainsborough House
    81 Oxford Street
    London W1D 2EU
    Great Britain

So you can file a complaint to wherever in Britain you would normally complain to about a ripoff business. Just tell them everything you've mentioned here. One place to go to is the Office of Fair Trading (OFT)

http://www.oft.gov.uk/

There is a new law called The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and that set of consumer-protection regulations might be worth investigating. Usenext may have been (and likely were) in violation of this law. I suggest contacting the OFT for advice.

I would not worry much about Usenext's threats. They are only asking you to buy the service. They could have charged your credit card directly, but did not.
    Last edited by zot; 06-29-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast