Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prevent Programs Launching On Startup?

I have a Windows XP Pro setup and have around 10 programs or systray items launch on startup.

I have looked in the usual startup folder within windows xp but I only found 2 of them.

My question is - Is their any way of disabling these programs from launching at startup? maybe somewhere in the system registry?

Any help appreciated!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Found a way - start > run > msconfig

System starts up with around 24% more free memory resources!

Cheers

NW

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I like the Start-up control panel better then Win XP's. www.mlin.net/startupCLP.shtm

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Horsemen@14 September 2003 - 22:48
    I like the Start-up control panel better then Win XP's. www.mlin.net/startupCLP.shtm
    dont do it from config because then you have to set it back regular start and it will start every thing, look for a program called aa tools it great and you can just edit every thing from there, it also has all kinds of other thing like cheking proxies, removing progrmas, editing your registry

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    go into msconfig and the last tab is startup. uncheck the boxes you doni't want to start and then restart the computer. It will popup with a box that says it is in diagnostic mode just put a check in the box that says do not show this again and then hit okay. It will stop those programs from loading

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i wanna hear more about aa tools

tell me more musleman

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    What are these ten programs that start with Windows? Maybe you should check in their own settings and stop them from starting in the first place. Either that or uninstall them. The only thing i have that starts from boot is Windows, my AV and my firewall.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MetroStars@16 September 2003 - 14:43
    i wanna hear more about aa tools

tell me more musleman
    you want a hash to try it??

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    or a link to their site, a google search did not find me anything on aa tools.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    that wud b grand sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast