Thread: tzulo probs

weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    anyone have probs with tzulo mines been down and i cant get a hold of anyone ive sent messages to no avail almost like its running it self with no people cant get anyone to respond to me ....heres my prob i can get to hyperverm thats it cant connect through scp or putty and i cant get it to go used to work great just the last 2 weeks ive had probs
    Last edited by weenden; 02-02-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    I've always had good results with their customer service. are you just emailing them, or using the ticket system? I've had quick responses with the ticket system recently.

1. does it show the system as running when you get to the hypervm?

2. does your server's IP address respond to pings?

3. if yes for #2, HyperVM > Command Center,

iptables --flush
    iptables -t nat --flush
    iptables -t mangle --flush

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i got em he was having probs getting email to me kept bouncing back, hope they fix it man. i tried everything i could do in hyperverm over the last week trying to get it to go to no avail the old addege is its broken needs someone on there end more technicaly savoy than i ....and who can spell

hey lysene when i get it fixed do you no how i can get fluxbox installed on the box its fedora core 6 ive been wanting to do this like forever but as i said im not real bright ....just bright enough to get along thx if you can
    Last edited by weenden; 02-03-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Weenden,

apt-get install fluxbox

There you go it's installed

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.Dman View Post
    apt-get install fluxbox
    fedora doesn't use apt-get.

I switched to CentOS last year, and much happier with it over the fedora distros that they offer at tzulo.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    apt-get does not work on my server dunno why
    2. Custody; care.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    btw, yum install fluxbox may work. I'm not sure if it's in the repos that are included on the tzulo fedora distributions.

pretty sure I ended up compiling it from source. this should work:

Code:
    mkdir /usr/src

cd /usr/src

wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fluxbox/fluxbox-1.1.1.tar.bz2

tar -jxvf fluxbox-1.1.1.tar.bz2

cd fluxbox-1.1.1

./configure

make

make install
    after the ./configure or make step, it may spit out an error, saying that you require a certain library or program. copy/paste here and we'll work it out for you. if everything installed correctly, start a vnc session and type fluxbox and it should start for you.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i have a new prob i installed evrything caus they rebuilt my server i can connect through putty but now tightvnc will not connect ....using the same addy as it was last time it didnt change but tight wont do it niether will realvnc anyone please im frustrated as hell been working on it for hours and im going to bed before im up all night screwing with it uggghhh
    Last edited by weenden; 02-04-2009 at 12:54 AM.
    2. Custody; care.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by weenden View Post
    apt-get does not work on my server dunno why
    Sorry, About that been using Debian and I gave you the wrong command.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fixed thx all
    2. Custody; care.