Thread: Tracking/Legit Torrenting for Noobs

Hey, I have been using torrent like software since Big Red H ...

(BRH I think, for those of you who don't know, it was pre-torrent where you actually hosted directly through your computer items that you would be able to visit individual people's IP's and share files, I was like 12 I believe when I did this

... Anyways, I never really heard about these legit sites where people equally shared between each other until OiNK was shut down and I read some of the publicity. I never really thought about joining one until I started to collect albums and now have a good set to upload.

I am a avid Rapidshare user and have been for 2 years, so I've been building a library of quality music (I only d/l FLAC/320kbps/HQ mp3s because I'm a stickler for good quality sound). Most of the day I'm at work and leave my computer directly connected to the internet at all times.

Now I was wondering where do I go about uploading some of my wares to a tracker so I can gain a high enough rep to join a site like Waffles.fm? I'm kind of a noob when it comes to those things and know almost nothing about it. I use bittorrent to download and don't really know anything about torrents besides how to download them off the internet and get BT to open them.

I've been searching around on sites and it's a little confusing. If anyone could clearly lay it out or link me to another thread that deals with my problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time today. Hope to be sharing with you soon!

Tartar

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tartarsauce View Post

... Anyways, I never really heard about these legit sites where people equally shared between each other until OiNK was shut down and I read some of the publicity.
    I wouldnt exactly call tracker sites legit.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...nt-guide-83827 read this
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 02-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    But what is the best way to get recognized so you can become legit enough to join a website like waffles? How do i go about becoming a legit user?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    What kind of music do you listen to the most?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Classical, I have complete discographies of many different classical composers also the reason why quality is so important to me. Of course, I'm still a young guy so I listen to some pop, some rap, some chinese music (I'm studying chinese) and classic rock.

Basically a little of everything with my main interests in Opera and Classical music

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    http://www.lztr.us/gazelle/index.php

Then this site is definately for you. It might still be open sign-up, I'm not sure. If you can't sign up yourself, then in a month when you have access to pm's and the invite section pm me for an invite I'm sure you'll get an invite to What and Waffles in no time if you upload a lot of classical to that site.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 02-03-2009 at 03:32 PM.