Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well...now we know for sure, eh?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Mr. Bonds' denial has no clothes.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487633,00.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Still dont get why it takes till 2009 for a sample from 2003 to find it positive.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    Still dont get why it takes till 2009 for a sample from 2003 to find it positive.
    The results were sealed until now; nothing to do with labs or procedures.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    The results were sealed until now; nothing to do with labs or procedures.

ok im still confused since im not from the states as u can tell, but why were they sealed. It seems bit like a joke, u wouldnt see an olympic athlete who got caught doing drugs have their results coming out 6 years later.

Another thing i dont really know much about american sports, but i know a little about this barry bond in how everyone think he takes steroids, if so how come he has not had regular doping tests while he was playing????

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    He has big money and a belongs to a union.

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #6

So, why should that matter, u wouldnt see anything like this happen in football (soccer as u lot call it), doesnt matter how much money they had. I just find it so hard to believe that someone that people suspect so hard of being a drugs cheats has not been caught earlier. It really makes a joke and a laughing stock of the system u guys have over there
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 02-06-2009 at 12:06 PM.

7. Sports Club   -   #7

So, why should that matter, u wouldnt see anything like this happen in football (soccer as u lot call it), doesnt matter how much money they had. I just find it so hard to believe that someone that people suspect so hard of being a drugs cheats has not been caught earlier. It really makes a joke and a laughing stock of the system u guys have over there
    If you were here, you would know that I've been laughing about it myself, and for quite some time.

I don't know where you live, but in the US we have these things called lawyers.

With more money you can buy a good-sized lawyer.

You can even buy more than one.

They come equipped with flypaper and various other methods and means to turn the judicial process into a viscous mess of oily corruption and putrescence.

Major League Baseball has aided and abetted Mr. Bonds out a misplaced and misguided concern for it's own well-being.

You really do have to be here to understand.

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Fair enough but like in the english premier league (soccer league) an even bigger league then the baseball one and just as much money in it, there are randam drugs tests on players, is not about lawyers or anything they just have to do it, if they fail to do it they get an automatic ban. But after there tests if they are found to have done drugs they get an automatic ban, and if they are clean no one hears about it. I just find it perplexing why it is not like this in the states. There is no need for lawyers, if u dont want to do the drugs tests here u assumed to be guilty, and if it is found u r a drugs cheats how can lawyers change that, unless barry bonds is questioning the validity of the test results??

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    There is as much money in your soccer league as in American baseball?

Bonds' salary was in excess of 20 million dollars in '07.

Do you have any soccer players making that much, and if so, are they constrained from retaining legal counsel in order to escape the consequences of evidence against them?

Hell, we have murderers found guilty as sin in death penalty states who die on death row of old age before they exhaust their legal options.

Your solicitors, I gather, have a slightly different function than American lawyers.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but there it is.

-Mark Twain

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    lol ofcourse soccer players get 20 million dollars. Im sure david beckham is racking up something like that. The premeir league is the most watched sporting league in the world, and with its new tv right deals its making money at the same level as the nfl.

Think about New York Yankees probably up there as being one of the top valued clubs in the world, soccer teams like Manchester United are worth more then them and in fact probably more then any american team in any sport. So to answer your question yes lol there is a lot of money in soccer, i mean just a few weeks ago a soccer team made £100 mil plus bid for a player, a few months ago that would of been close to $200mil.

Also over here it not a matter about money, its like an olympic ,athlete once they have been found 100% guilty thats it. If they want to they could take it to court but in the EU drug cheats in sports are very much looked down on and it really would not be worth their time.

But if i was perfectly honest ill never get the reasons why barry bonds was not done earlier for drugs, maybe if i was a US citizen i might get it.

So is it like this for all ur sports???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast