Thread: Errors when downloading NZB files

Hi to all,
    to cut the story short I need HELP with my nzb files. You are my last hope?
    I currently subscribe to giganews, i use newsbin and grabit. I repair with Quickpar and winrar. The problem i have is that when i have downloaded my files and try to extract in auto or manuall I get the winrar diag box saying my files are corrupt or in-complete. I run quickpar and it says missing blocks. My music files are know problem but when I download a game or film I constantly get the same error messages. I have tried differant newsgroups, newsreaders and a usenet but I still get the same faults. I am
    not the best with pcs and i have spent days trying to figure out what's going wrong the kids have forgotten what i look like and the Mrs hates me! PLEASE HELP before I go mad! With Hope Wilk007
    Last edited by wilk007; 02-04-2009 at 04:47 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Can't you repair with the PAR files in quickpar? Or are there too many missing blocks?
    And how old is the stuff you're trying to download?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I have GN too so give me the NZB or a link or something I'll check it out.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    This is the easiest way of doing it...click details in you folder view, and see if all the winrar files are all the same size except for the last one, if they aren't you need to re-download the one's that aren't the same size. I've had this happen a few times...just re-download the parts/rars that are not the same size and it will be fine...and if you use Newsleecher it has "auto-repair/extract/monitor."

Also, you can open WinRAR.exe and try to repair the rar's with WinRAR.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 02-05-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Thanks for your replys
    I get all the files downloaded thats no problem, its just that all the files are corrupt when i extract with winrar. When I quickpar the par 2 files it says there are missing blocks with each rar file. e.g incomplete 39/40 or 36/40 never the full amount. I no the files that im downloading are ok because i get a mate to download the same and he has no problem.
    regards Lee

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well there not ok since WinRAR says there corrupt. As I said, you DID NOT fully download all the rar files properly....

This is the easiest way of doing it...click details in you folder view, and see if all the winrar files are all the same size except for the last one, if they aren't you need to re-download the one's that aren't the same size. I've had this happen a few times...just re-download the parts/rars that are not the same size and it will be fine...and if you use Newsleecher it has "auto-repair/extract/monitor."

Also, you can open WinRAR.exe and try to repair the rar's with WinRAR.
    [center]