Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: FatalTracker

Fishy2's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    @ Fatal01

Thanks for the pointer And the quality posts 2,makes for good reading.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Thanks, Fishy2.
    I'm by no means an expert, just an "Habitue".
    I always advise people considering file sharing to consider Bit Torrent for the safety involved in the private trackers. Yes, there are mega sites like mininova who fulfil a demand, but they do not have the controls of the smaller sites, and you can end up downloading a lot of bad sh*t from these bigger indexing sites. So, once you get into the BT world, you should look for invites to the smaller private trackers, where content is moderated.
    Last edited by Fatal01; 12-04-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typos
    Fatal01

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    just to put in my twopen'orth
    Fatal was one of the first "private" trackers that I joined many many moons ago & still belong to.
    Although I have walked away from almost all torrenting now, Fatal is always a pleasure to return to, the staff & members are & always have been second to none.
    theres a lot of staff/users & trackers that could take a look & a leaf from Fataltrackers book

This is how it should be done
    Last edited by tezywezy; 02-19-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: grammar

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Fishy2's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tezywezy View Post
    just to put in my twopen'orth
    Fatal was one of the first "private" trackers that I joined many many moons ago & still belong to.
    Although I have walked away from almost all torrenting now, Fatal is always a pleasure to return to, the staff & members are & always have been second to none.
    theres a lot of staff/users & trackers that could take a look & a leaf from Fataltrackers book

This is how it should be done
    I agree

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    FatalTracker is 7 years old .. hence it is the oldest Private bittorrent tracker .. hypernova or something like that was a public tracker but it was shut down ..

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    very good read..when the signups were open i confused it with FatalAttraction,and dint bother entering..but nice to see two guys,soo very passionate and dedicated to this veteran tracker,and workin still on gettin it better..bravo

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    very good read..when the signups were open i confused it with FatalAttraction,and dint bother entering..but nice to see two guys,soo very passionate and dedicated to this veteran tracker,and workin still on gettin it better..bravo
    Though I have been quite through this whole post, I have been reading it. Yes Fataltracker is quite old, whether its the oldes remains to be seen, I believe we are but there may be older out there.
    Fatal is the very first PRIVATE tracker I ever joined and from the get go was treated fairly and when I made a mistake I was not banned, warned or bashed, I was sent a PM stating what I had done and guided on how to correct it, I worked my way from user to PU to uploader to mod.....well not going to list all classes but leave it to say I put in my time the hard way until ultimately a part owner of this great site.
    Fatal has had its share of ups and downs and there have been times we felt the end was near, and a couple times even discussed the idea of just closing down for good but we are a stuuborn bunch of old coots and held in there and keep on going, there have been many changes to the looks and feel of the site its self, and it has always maintained a safe enviroment for its users, the code is always updated to keep with the times for the safety and ease of use for all members and I dont think there has been one single day where at least one owner has been onsite checking logs, going through posts or just saying hi.
    Bottom line we DO care about our users, we DO care about our staff and DO care about the torenting community on a whole.
    Seven years?? pffft, A drop in the bucket, we are not going anywhere and will be here a lot longer, Fatal will never die

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    I am only 5-6 months old in the BT World,but i think this is the fantastic attitude other tracker admins need and should learn from ..long live Fatal Tracker

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345