Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is Wierd

harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2

Question Mark

Well, for the past 2-3 months or so, i'd shifted from Vuze to Utorrent(Mainly because at that time many Private Trackers weren't supporting the new build), and i had been getting comparitively low speeds then i used to around 30-40 kBps less...the day before yesterday, i shifted back to vuze and downloaded Ubuntu off the original site, i was surprised that i was getting my same speeds again,then i tried a torrent off TPB, same speeds, at first i thought it may have been because of some difference in the settings b/w vuze and utorrent, then i tried downloading something off a private tracker, a heavily seeded, 50:1 ratio torrent and i was getting reduced speeds, anyone know why i would be getting faster speeds of public trackers than on private trackers...My connection speed is a 2mbps(embarrased...) down 756 kbps up connection...
    Spoiler: Show

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    let me see if i got it right, you are getting low speeds from private trackers, no matter the client you are using, did i get it right?
    i use Vuze, way superior to utorrent, and i have no problems of any kind.
    did you disable DHT at both your clients ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yup...DHT disabled on both...it's almost verging on the limit of stupidity, i'm getting higher speeds on lowly seeded torrents than on a seed rich private tracker....
    yeah! i always prefer Vuze over Utorrent(utorrent's just too stripped down), dunno whats the problem???

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    By stripped down... do you mean too processor efficient for your taste? need to use up some spare cpu cycles?

What feature does vuse have that utorrent dosen't?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hey....this isn't a thread to have bt client wars, i have a problem and i was just sharing it with you guys and hoping that i would get a solution, it's personal choice, i just like vuze better...

So back to the problem....any suggetions???

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNex View Post
    By stripped down... do you mean too processor efficient for your taste? need to use up some spare cpu cycles?

way too many to enumerate here. if you can't spot them is because you never used Vuze.

back ontopic, what are the values you are using for max connections, per client, etc etc ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Which is better Vuze or Utorrent? In terms of speed, efficiency etc.. Also, which slows your pc down more, Vuze or Utorrent??
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-06-2009 at 06:23 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I think Vuze definitely slows the PC down (depending on your setup) more than Utorrent but i prefer Vuze. Speeds are the same to me.
    Last edited by pone44; 02-06-2009 at 06:28 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNex View Post

way too many to enumerate here. if you can't spot them is because you never used Vuze.

back ontopic, what are the values you are using for max connections, per client, etc etc ?
    Here are my settings-

Max upload- 60 KB/ps
    Per torrent - 60 KB/ps
    Max Download - Infinite
    Max upload slots per torrent - 6
    Max connections per torrent - 100
    Max global connections - 250
    Max seeds per torrent - infinite
    Cache Size - 16 MB

Definitely Vuze sucks more out of your rig, but it's Waaaay more customisable as compared to utorrent, plus it's got many features(as cabalo stated too many to enumerate) over utorrent....but back to the problem...lol...were swaying fom the topic here,maybe i'll just start another thread "Vuze or Utorrent?"

now back to the problem...
    Last edited by harshytkage; 02-06-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Most probably has something to do with max upload slots and max connections, if you're on Windows remember to patch your TCP connection.

Also try to use 'CountryLocator' on Vuze, and see if it's others being too far away from India or not.

It does make a difference, what I can suggest to people with slow internet would to be just leech of file hosts or just get a Usenet.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast