View Poll Results: Is it ever Ok to post someones personal info??

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is ok for the reason I stated below

23 14.94%
  • No it's NEVER OK and crosses the line

131 85.06%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ever Ok to post someones personal info??

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Now Im not trying to rehash that other thread or my current drama. Anyone bringing that up in here will get an infraction and the post deleted.

So I ask do you all think is is ever acceptable to post someones personal info. Now to be clear I don't mean IP's (even though I dont agree with that either) but personal info like address/phone number/ myspace page . I want to know what you guys think about it. I think it's never OK to post someones personal info (even if it's wrong) Obviousment. I feel it crosses a line that should remain from the play world where we all hobby into our real lives. Well whats your opinion?
    Last edited by Detale; 02-09-2009 at 02:13 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I personally am TOTALLY against the idea.

The only reason one should post ip/address etc of a person is that if he is a actual criminal/terrorists etc. Otherwise even if he is a hardcore trader I would never put this info on the internet. That's so lame and a stab in the back I believe

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    For me it is NO it's NEVER OK.
    No doubt and no exception.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Hell no...lots of creeps over the internet you dont know what people can do with personal information.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    No it's not okay because you never know what might happen . You better stay safe then sorry

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    no, i don't agree at all, as i already said. Back in the time when i was staff at a newsgroups forum, in my country, such kind of posts were happening almost daily, as when you post something at a newsgroup, you have no idea the info that can get harvested through there.
    so, there were teams that had scene axx and raced amongst them to see who was the first one to post a full release at the newsgroups. as you can imagine, it was hell on earth. Because no one can rule the newsgroups, everyone does what they want, it's no man's land, and the fighting of course happened at the forum.
    and also, a bunch of kids were the usual clients so a stance had to be taken.
    each and everyone who posted personal info at the forum and at the newsgroups would get a summary ban. not on the IP or the email, but on the person itself.

so, as later everyone was creating dupe accounts (i think we invented the word multinicks for that), we created a mask based on the user category, that wouldn't allow them to access certain sections of the forum definitively. Plus the cookies were "poisoned", and if you tried to create another account while certain cookies were present, the account would be banned as soon as the user logged in at the site.

if you guys think FST is sometimes a warzone, you should have seen that. It was Vietnam there.

all this to say, that by experience, if an extremely strict policy isn't taken on these issues, things can quickly run out of control.

.... after all, internet is far from being anonymous.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-07-2009 at 08:47 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I think it's not acceptable. Not even as a last resort. It's something to get annoying PMs and mails, totally another to get phone calls letters and such IMO.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Nah dog , you've gotta be a petty little prick who didn't get enough attention from their mother mother as a child, to leak somebodies personal information on the internet or anywhere else for that matter.
    See ya in another life, brother.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    dragoi92's Avatar prince of darknes BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    no
    Personal info are personal
    PRIVATE
    why to share with other or post?
    Only ,Dragoi92

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Ready for Battle??

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast