Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Permission

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i kinda messed up......... i was messing with the permissions, and for some reason kazaa couldnt connect anymore and all sorts of problems......... so i decided 2 reset all permissions by deleting them and then taking ownership of the C drive again.......... but euuhhhhmmmm........ that dint work...... and now windows cant even access the C drive........ no1 has permission or anything........ i REALLY need 2 get back into my comp w/o reinstalling (i have some really important stuff on the c: drive..........

how can i do this?????
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    if your using XP

have u tired system restore

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i am using XP (Pro), sys restore turned of (lol)

but even if it was still turned on, i couldnt use it cause i cant even get into windows...........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    try to search and download a bootable rescuedisk.
    Maybe som1 on this forum knows one.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    u dont need 2 get in2 windows 2 use system restore.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    If you can't get it back, partition magic it and move the existing OS up as far as you can, then install a new OS. From there you can pick what you want out of the old one and save it. Then delete and format the old OS partition. Just be carefull not to execute any old stuff as it may cause crosslinked files with your new OS.

A good arguement for Norton Ghost over system restore

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Storm@15 September 2003 - 17:16
    i kinda messed up......... i was messing with the permissions, and for some reason kazaa couldnt connect anymore and all sorts of problems......... so i decided 2 reset all permissions by deleting them and then taking ownership of the C drive again.......... but euuhhhhmmmm........ that dint work...... and now windows cant even access the C drive........ no1 has permission or anything........ i REALLY need 2 get back into my comp w/o reinstalling (i have some really important stuff on the c: drive..........

how can i do this?????
    dude that's why I stick to fat32...

i mess with those setting once and I screwed up like you. took me a while to get them back to normal, however I didn't reinstall the shit and whatnot but i forgot what I did to get it back to normal

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    oh man, that happened to me before, it was the worst thing that could happen. my situration was that my account got overwrite by the new account i created for my parents, and i couldnt access my D drive at all since i only permitted myself to access D drive, i had to do a clean install. it pissed me off so much! sorry i cant offer you any help, but i know how you feel man. B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Double Agent
    ok dude, if you can, run partition magic and try to convert your ntsf drive to fat32. it should get rid of the permission stuff.

try it and let us know if it worked

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Just put the xp disc in and run repair and you will be able to get back in. If you try to convert to fat32 you risk destroying all your data because of the security involved in xp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast