Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How About Automatic Cancelling

BANNED
    Originally posted by Ael@15 September 2003 - 22:50
    As I said...
    It could be made such a way that whenever someone starts downloading from you, your klite does a simple request to the downloader, i.e., person starts downloading a 100MB video file from you, your klite then sends a request to the downloader and asks his klite if at least 50MB of video files are being shared, if there is enough files being shared, he can download, otherwise he'll be blocked from downloading that video from ppl
    as i said how would klite know what you share, if there was a way of figuring out that you are shaging 50mb then we just need to know whether you are sharing or not, for get the rest, and that can't be done, there is no way to make klite check to see if you are sharing or not, it would need to moniter your uploads, that means it would need to upload something from you before letting you download, and that in it self would have many problems, can't be done

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Hmm, I guess you didn't understood...
    as i said how would klite know what you share
    It already does, once you connect it scans for the files in your shared folders, it even says the amount of files you share already besides your username on the lower status bar.
    if there was a way of figuring out that you are shaging 50mb then we just need to know whether you are sharing or not
    The idea behind seeing if the person was sharing 50MB in my example was to avoid the situation where someone sharing a 1MB video would be able to download a 600x larger 600MB video, however if he had to share at least 50% the amount (in size) of the file he wants to download, there'd be more files being shared.
    for get the rest, and that can't be done, there is no way to make klite check to see if you are sharing or not, it would need to moniter your uploads, that means it would need to upload something from you before letting you download, and that in it self would have many problems, can't be done
    It would not need to monitor anything, the idea is, if someone is sharing videos totalizing 100MB of video files, he can download a video up to 200MB, he doesn't need to actually have uploaded 100MB, only sharing would be enough.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    BANNED
    boss this is all a waist of time no need to worry about it just do your thing none of the developers are worried about it, its not an issue

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I don't think that's either a waste of time or not an issue. When you think of p2p, it takes ppl sharing files for it to work and exist properly, but there are those that share nothing, or very little, that ruin with the idea, they eat bandwidth from ppl that are correctly using the p2p network, all they do is decrease it's quality. Getting rid of these ppl that contribute in nothing is a great thing.
    There are however 2 issues with this idea that I can think of.
    1 - I dunno how easily it could be cracked, maybe too easily, maybe not...
    2 - It would be problematic in the fasttrack network if only Klite used the system, ppl using the other software without such feature would have trouble downloading (but that could be fixed if the other programs also started to support it)...

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    i guess someone could make a program that shows how much you are sharing in total filesize without showing the actual filesyou are sharing and block all the people who are sharing 0MB, but unfortunately everyone would have to be using that program for it to work.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I just share with everyone, regardless of whether they give anything in return.
    If you keep trying to ban people then the whole thing might escalate.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@16 September 2003 - 15:07
    This is the only sensible way to be. Anything else just becomes tiresome.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    BANNED
    Originally posted by barbarossa+16 September 2003 - 12:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 16 September 2003 - 12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@16 September 2003 - 15:07

[/b][/quote]
    you see everybody knows its a waist of time, just share the rest will take care of its self, i agree with both of you barbarossa & Sparkle1984
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 09:44 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    What do you mean ? What will escalate into what ? If you mean that the number of files might escalate (I take it that you mean escalate = going up), well, isn&#39;t that a great thing ?
    Why tiresome ? The process I mentioned is completely automatic, if you share files you won&#39;t even notice any difference from the current system (except that you will find more sources for your files). How does it become tiresome ?
    just share the rest will take care of its self
    Of course we can all just share, but it will be much better to us if we share files to those that also help the network, not to those that only know how to leech. That system would surely increase the number of files shared, I don&#39;t know why you think this is useless.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Originally posted by Ael@16 September 2003 - 03:10

as i said how would klite know what you share
    It already does, once you connect it scans for the files in your shared folders, it even says the amount of files you share already besides your username on the lower status bar.
    I agree with this - All klite has to do is scan the user and if it finds the phrase " Not Sharing Any Files " - Gives them a warning message and cancells the download - Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast