Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The history and future of BT

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyrel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slammers View Post
    because people are paying for seedboxes the whole notion of freesharing is gone. you pay2leech.
    Agreed.
    Assuming they're still sharing what they download, what's the problem?

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by slammers View Post
    because people are paying for seedboxes the whole notion of freesharing is gone. you pay2leech.
    Agreed.
    unless you want to be an uploader why would you buy one
    home connection is easy to maintain 1:1 even if your max upload is 25kb/s
    Last edited by silvertec; 02-09-2009 at 12:57 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    edit: The future of torrenting is High Definition video. It will become normal for people to be downloading 4,8,12GB or even a full BluRay at 45GB for a single movie. x264/.mkv will take over. It's already begun.
    Surely that is the future of film not the future of torrenting.

personally i would rather download shit that size from newsgroups and i run a bloody tracker lol

lol

Fair points. But I think the vast majority of people download video of some kind (tv, movies, documentaries etc) and then they also download other stuff which they-re interested in like music, games etc. So a change in what video we're downloading affects everyone or nearly everyone who torrents, which is why I see that as a (significant) part of the future of torrenting.

I hear what you're saying about newsgroups, but I dont personally use them. I am already downloading movies of the aforementioned sizes, using mostly a seedbox and sometimes my home connection. I can download an 8GB movie to my home connection in less than a couple of hours, and that's with current technology (25MB/2.5MB line speed). All thanks to seedboxes and the ever-increasing internet speeds.

Anyway, I'm sure you see what I'm saying, though I do see where you're coming from too.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well without seedboxes torrents would be really slow, even 2 gig games could take days, just with the silly asymmetric speeds our ISPs give us.

Do i like seedboxes. answer is of course if they are used to help the community out.

If all you use a seedbox for, is to get to a higher ratio, to get a promotion, to get the perks, or even worse to get the buffer, so you can hit and run, or trade a buffered account to another tracker, then i hate them.

if the intentions are true, great i love them, if they are for own personal gain, go and use them somewhere else.

btw i usually just queue up 300 gig of HD movies on newsgroups, in a day or 2 they are done, unrar, watch them, no need to seed back, mind you i am not on 1 tracker that has any movies anyway, so even if i wanted to use torrents, i cant lol

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Newsgroups do sound great. I really should get my act together and learn how to use them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    Newsgroups do sound great. I really should get my act together and learn how to use them.
    it's easy. all you need is a credit card
    and a newsgroups client that supports .nzb and quickpar.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-09-2009 at 03:59 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertec View Post

Agreed.
    unless you want to be an uploader why would you buy one
    home connection is easy to maintain 1:1 even if your max upload is 25kb/s
    Indeed. I've never had a seedbox and have fine ratios at all the sites I'm on. More than fine in fact I could download hundreds of GB without seeding back and not have to worry...though I would anyway which would make my ratio even higher...lol. As long as you're not silly when you first join up then there's no problem. It can make getting into higher user classes a bit of work without a seedbox...but isn't that the point

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Sometimes I think about the days I started with BT on some Dutch BT-trackers and saw speeds up to 500 KB/s ... I remember the exitement when I noticed those awesome speeds. Things have changed a lot over time and on some trackers I always max out my connection at about 3 MB/s.

Seedboxes are responsable for those speeds, and at the same time responsable for the fact I keep my stuff shared for a very long time.

I've never experienced ratio-problems anywhere with this strategy.
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well, let's just wait for prices of HDDs to drop even more so seedboxing with a much bigger space will actually allow people to seed torrents for a longer period of time.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    fillesharing will never die but when BT die we will find a better solution for pirating...
    for now torrent is most populer and stable

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast