Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Translating a whole site

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by teresckova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    Google Translate makes it good enough to browse the page.
    yea but after login,nothing happens...it translate only the login page
    it's hard to translate after login. I am too struck at that issue

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    kukushka mentions in his torrents.ru review to use the extension FoxLingo. I'm going to try it out myself and see if it works.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    Are those translators putting the tracker through a proxy? Isn't there a rule against that? In which case I'd be scared to log in using a translating website.

Here, I've found this addon for Firefox, that doesn't put the website through a translating website, and you don't have to log in again (change xx to tt):

hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6938

With instructions: hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIH03t2FEfs

Basically, you select the language to translate from and to, and then select only the text you want to translate, and Alt+Click it. A window will popup with the translations.

Tested it, and it works with swebits.
    Last edited by crimsonhaze; 02-15-2009 at 07:39 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhaze View Post
    Are those translators putting the tracker through a proxy? Isn't there a rule against that? In which case I'd be scared to log in using a translating website.

Here, I've found this addon for Firefox, that doesn't put the website through a translating website, and you don't have to log in again (change xx to tt):

hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6938

With instructions: hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIH03t2FEfs

Basically, you select the language to translate from and to, and then select only the text you want to translate, and Alt+Click it. A window will popup with the translations.

Tested it, and it works with swebits.
    I have tried it but did not work for me. But fortunately during the search for something I got the following

hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9285 (replace xx by tt )

it is to be used with firefox.. First you need a registeration at firefox add ons. Login and then go to the url given above.
    click "add to firefox". After installation restart the firefox by clicking restart tab..It worked for me..

now open for example torrents.ru and on any page select any text you dont understand. Right click it. in the menu appeared move the cursor to "Mozila trans...." and click options. On the option screen
    select "russian" in the "From" box and select "english" (or any language you are comfortable with) in the "To" box.
    After this the menu would contain the option translate from russian to english. click it and you would get the desired translation in the translation box.

But I am not satisfied with it. looking for something better and may be there is something which I am missing?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    This one too: hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7004

This one has more functionality than the previous one I posted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhaze View Post
    This one too: hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7004

This one has more functionality than the previous one I posted.
    thnx the best so far. Surely not the ultimate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12