Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: downloading woes.

I'm using Newsleecher. I am trying to download something but am ending up with parts that turn red and "download", disappear from queue, and then of course are useless when I go to extract the stuff I downloaded. In my log, when this occurs, I get things like this:

08/02/2009 6:18:56 PM ¤ Article part (#14) not downloaded. Article "festering leper - 1817 - (17/63) - "081016.cbc.the.nature.of.things.the.hobbit.enigma.640x464.xvid.mp3.part13.rar" yEnc" from server "newsfeeds".
    08/02/2009 6:18:56 PM ¤ Server response: "430 No Such Article". Part Msg ID: "part14of24.ccfT7pIK0eOfNPfW&[email protected]". Part Format: "Unknown".
    What on earth is going on?

this is what I'm trying to get... http://www.nzbsrus.com/nzbdetails.php?id=185094
    Last edited by coltraz; 02-08-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Last edited by piratebot; 04-17-2009 at 05:46 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Is it an old article? At the end of your retention?

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    No, it's brand new not even a day old.
    I'm using Newsfeeds... what makes it an unreal provider?
    http://www.usenet-provider.com/ lists it as the best...
    Last edited by coltraz; 02-08-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    It's from someone who uploaded it, but didn't complete the upload or the server messed up....so when it turns red means is unavailable or incomplete, and by "default" NLeecher won't download incompletes. What's your retention rate?
    [center]

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If it's less than a day old, the upload could still be running.

However, it looks like it's 114+ days old.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well if that's the case the retention rate is under 100 days, if so you need to change, or the download is incomplete....loading NZB now................

The download is going fine here, I'll only did part but no red, and I have Astraweb and I'm sure Giganews users wouldn't have any trouble either.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I didn't download the entire thing show, but I did successfully download ".........part13.rar" and it downloaded fine for me using Giganews.
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-09-2009 at 03:17 AM.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by coltraz View Post
    No, it's brand new not even a day old.
    I'm using Newsfeeds... what makes it an unreal provider?
    http://www.usenet-provider.com/ lists it as the best...
    those reviews are over 5 years old btw.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    OK. I tried it with powerusenet and it worked fine. I guess it must have been the server I was using. Man, I've had no luck with servers this is my 4th time switching in just a few days. LOL. I dunno if it would have worked if I used the newsfeed server I used before, but I might as well stick with powerusenet because I get unlimited transfers and you're right - it is weird that newsfeed doesn't outright say what their retention rate is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast