Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Pc/machine Is Some Powerful Shit

Double Agent
    wow dude i just install windows 2k advanced server, win2k3 enterprise, red hat linux 9, and freebsd on one machine. It's so cool i can run whatever i wanted...in one operating system.

cool shit man and i have balamm to thank for introducing this wonderful shit

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    what does it do will it wipe windows or do you run it from inside windows like an emu......

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by stupidguy@15 September 2003 - 22:54
    what does it do will it wipe windows or do you run it from inside windows like an emu......
    yeh u run it like a window

cool eh?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    can you pm me a link.....would it run that mult network thing in fastrack for the mac? do i need the discs for the os's got any screens?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    if you need the one for the mac then virtual pc is the one i think

there ya go

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Double Agent
    mmm yo dude balamm

I am having problems with my virtual network as I am installing win2k3 as guest os based on my win2k pro host os.

I can't get the internet on my guest os to work and i've fiddled with the settings but with no luck.

shed some light on this?

thx

P.S. the vmware is using automatic bridging to my physical network card but I dont see it working on the guest os so what's the problem?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I had some problems with bridged. I ended up with NAT through the host on most systems. It's a bit different from VPC where you use a virtual ethernet adaptor. I actually prefer the VPC method for server OS's .

Try the nat but for server use you may have to treat it like a router to serve files and pages. I'm not sure what the end IP for a local site would be, host or ???

What you could do is go with DynDns.org and register all your IP's to domains. Redirect to each virtual network address that way.

Make damn sure you install a firewall and AV in the host! your guest won't cut it if the network is shared. for a server, norton corporate and one of the server firewalls. trend micro server, blackice server, combined with sygate and ISA firewall, ISS Lockdown with URL scan from MS, etc. Try emule for the server FW's

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Double Agent
    oh man i could kiss you right now but i can't

thx man

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Have you collected the really cool stuff like beowolf, Byzantine, 2disk, win 1.1, etc? Get goin! those are what really make it fun.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Double Agent
    oh man what are those?!!

man i am a noob at these things but i'll try to get the basics up and running first.

now on the host i got trend micro 2003, zone alarm v4, and i got a Dlink router so that's pretty much what i've got now. I haven't installed anything on the win2k3 server yet since I can't get shpt out of the internet. but yeah i'll look into these stuff once i got the internet going.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast