Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riaa Goes Wabbit Hunting

The RIAA is just plain sickining now.....
    Suing all sorts of people261 so far...
    including a 12 yr old
    where do our rights come out of the Audio Home Recording Act...I thought that had some protection...
    Our country should be ashamed for allowing such FRICKIN STUPID lawsuits to take place.

What do you think?

List of articles associtated with this and more
    http://dock-command.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=287

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    guess who's glad he's not in america...?

(big clue: me )
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    just to make sure u know Canada and Germany both have groups similiar to the RIAA and i wont be surprized one bit of England soon gets one.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Just to make sure you know....

This should be moved to Filesharing&#33;
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Briatin has got one.

BPI.

However, altough they dont encourage p2p.......they have no plans to go hunting ppl either, as their surveys show that p2p INCREASES Album sales, although does have a devastating effect on singles sales.

The BPI concentrates on finding pirates that sell ripped off albums at Car Boot Sales and Markets etc.

They arent that bothered about people that download music for themselves, especially since to actually find the copyrighted stuff in the UK, they would be travelling a very nasty legal minefield, due to the UK privacy and IT Laws.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I talked to my lan provider and they said it is not illegal for me to download , but it is illegal to upload at all. They said to not share, this includes everything. Thats cable though. High speed sympatico does not care because they are giving you a specific amount of bandwidth all the time, so they don&#39;t care if it&#39;s comming in or going out. Cable won&#39;t let you act as a server because it eats up the shared bandwidth with your neighbors out on the street, where there can be as many as 6 connections.

AND so proving with a few simple calls that it is at least legal to download in CANADA............YA BABY

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Canada doesn&#39;t have anything like the RIAA. It has an organization that shares some of the initials, but the similarity ends there.

The original reason I was going to respond to this, though, was because anything can happen in a country where you can sue McDonald&#39;s for making you fat. Or if you spill coffee on yourself at a drive-thru. Or sue the city if you trip in a gopher hole in a city park. Or the car company if your son dies in a car crash because he was a careless driver. Or sue Sea World because they don&#39;t tell you that swimming naked with killer whales is a Bad Idea. Or so on.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    they aint gonna do nothing in eng cus they too damn lazy

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by randomthoughts+16 September 2003 - 01:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (randomthoughts &#064; 16 September 2003 - 01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>List of articles associtated with this and more
    http://dock-command.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=287 [/b]

This is now the second post I&#39;ve seen pointing to this site that you happen to be a moderator at, since you have chosen to spam the forum, then I will quote my original response from HERE...
    <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY

I cannot believe you are actually a moderator at any fourm stating...
    the recording industry is at again....darn overpricing devils&#33;
    but seriously they are tryin to "witch hunt" again.....
    just like in the first and last Napster Days...
    261 ppl have lawsuits filed against them.......
    There is an amnesty form but you must do the following....
    1. Delete your filsharing soft and all MP3s
    2. Sign form saying you&#39;ll never do it again...
    3. Get it notarized
    4. Mail it to them.....
    Tips for filesharing....if you dare to do it....
    Don&#39;t share with others....here take and not give....for the giving part Clearly steps into that little place called...Completely Illegal.....
    You are riskin it on your own....laws change...be careful.....
    just disable others to download from you....
    I had to STOP reading at that point...
    [/quote]
    Also, don&#39;t © infringe of my Wabbit humor, suppoter of the LEECH at large.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@16 September 2003 - 02:06
    Canada doesn&#39;t have anything like the RIAA. It has an organization that shares some of the initials, but the similarity ends there.

The original reason I was going to respond to this, though, was because anything can happen in a country where you can sue McDonald&#39;s for making you fat. Or if you spill coffee on yourself at a drive-thru. Or sue the city if you trip in a gopher hole in a city park. Or the car company if your son dies in a car crash because he was a careless driver. Or sue Sea World because they don&#39;t tell you that swimming naked with killer whales is a Bad Idea. Or so on.

every example you gave is related to the laws of of the land. in each case there was reason to apply the write to sew, no matter what you think about the case itself. just as clear are laws protecting my writes as OWNER of the airwaves in Canada.You can&#39;t take what is not yours in the first place.And the use of a p.c. to capture files from a service provided hear falls under that guidline and for the most part that is a good reason why it will not be persued in Canada..All the U.S. lawers put together could not change this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast