I'm still here.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    anyone??

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    If the problem was one of the drivers, you would get the 'blue screen of death' and you would probably be asking what all the numbers mean. Since you aren't getting this, it is more likely to be a hardware problem.

Newer video cards do use a LOT more power than older ones, if you've still got the old one try swapping it back to see if the situation improves. But I notice you said that you had replaced the PS when your old one broke/got noisy. Is this when the problems began? If so, I would suggest that your problems are with the PS - why did your friend have a 'spare' one lying around in the first place?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    my friend had a spare lying around because his dad used to own a computer shop. i don't see a blue screen but when i changed the setting not TO restart by itself all it does now is i see a black screen and sometimes green with nothing on it.Also this didnt used to happen when i had my 32 megs video card and my 30 gig hdd it only used to happen once in a while but now with my 80gig hdd and 64megs video card it does tht alot! if it is the video card how come it doesnt reset when i am playing games....but once black hawk down was loading and it reset!and when i burn a cd at 100% it resets no matter what programs i have running but when i go to safe mode which i am in right now it doesnt reset at aLL!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Are you sure your PSU is not overheating? I have seen this happen to a PC, the PSU was so hot you could feel the heat coming off it with your hand a foot away, a new PSU was the answer to stop the rebooting.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    my psu sometimes goes up to 55 degrees celcius and i can feel the heat when i touch the case its really hoT!but only happens when i play games.

thx alot guys i guess i bettter go get myself a new psu

My Blog
    I'm still here.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Exactly RGX!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123