Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everyone With Halo Splash Screen Freezing

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    does that make a difference?

2. Games   -   #12
    This is a BETA = not fully working that includes not working for certain cards new & old, have patience just wait to the retail comes out.

3. Games   -   #13
    I cant think of any other reason why it works on some machines and not others...its all the same software ..the problem must be in the hardware.

I have a ti 4200 and i have no problems at all

4. Games   -   #14
    Not sure if this topic is more or less dead... but i'm posting anyway.
    I'm having the same problem, the game loads, pops up the flash screen for a sec, then closes. Has anyone tried fiddling with DirectX settings? I opened DXDIAG to configure it, and i got a message similar to "Direct3d had errors when trying to be accessed last, diable?"

This leads me to believe that there may be some kind of tweaking that can be done to directX to get this to work. Now, I know that several of you will probably tell me "wait for the retail version," etc etc... but I can't, and I won't because my computer won't be able to handle the retail version (most likely). This version isn't even complete and its telling me "your computer is too slow." And i mean this literally, a message says "your computer is too slow." So if I could get this game to run, even if it doensn't work very well, I'd be happy.

Bottom line, are there settings that can be tweaked in DirectX that may fix this prob?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12