Thread: rTorrent - How to have multiple move on complete commands?

Hi all,

I've recently setup a small seedbox for myself and so far the experience has been amazing. Who knew you could reach 100% in a couple of hours

I've been a little bit stuck however on my rtorrent config file. Based on the wiki, I setup a watch directory condition like so:

Code:
    schedule = watch_directory_1,10,10,"load_start_verbose=~/torrent_downloads/tv_shows/META/*.torrent, view.set_visible=view_tv_shows, d.set_custom1=~/torrent_downloads/tv_shows/completed/"
    I also setup a "move on complete" command. Since I'm running 0.8.4, the old syntax is no longer supported and after some searching around I came up with this:
    Code:
    system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"d.set_directory=$d.get_custom1= ;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_custom1="
    The thing is, that command seems to be a global parameter, so every job triggers it. Problem is that most files don't have a "custom1" tag attached, so the path info inside rtorrent gets thoroughly screwed up

I would be very grateful is someone could tell me how to have more than 1 "move on complete" command in the same rtorrent.rc file - one for regular downloads and one for watch jobs.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Well I finally asked around on the libtorrent mailing list. Based on some tips from the folks there and a little bit of experimentation, I came up with a working command-set:

Code:
    system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,check_custom1,"branch=d.get_custom1=,d.set_custom2=$d.get_custom1=,d.set_custom2=~/downloads/completed/"
    system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"d.set_directory=$d.get_custom2= ;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_custom2="
    The main thing to note is the use of a 2nd custom variable. Hope this helps someone.