Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Router for Bit torrent @ $100

I recommend you the dlink dir-655...
    This ruter is very outperform,very good and very stable !

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    The DIR-655 is a very good router.
    I'm always maxing out the Internet on my computer, but it's not noticeable on any of the other computers in my home.
    I'm constantly seeding 400+ torrents.
    The router is very good! The Wireless is like a dream, really fast, and reaches very long.
    Good throughput to!
    Very stable and so on!

You should buy it! You're not gonna be disappointed!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    wonderful, are you using wireless n or are you using g?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i have a wrt300n (supports n) with dd-wrt firmware v24. works great here. 300+ torrents

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    I had this problem too.

What you should do, is go on eBay, and search for "DD-WRT".

Then, see if anyone has "WRT54G-TM" routers for sale that have the dd-wrt firmware. This model has a lot more ram than the other shitty models.

If you don't want to do that, then I'd have to go with Cabalo's recommendation, the ASUS WL-600G, another model that's great for BT.
    do you happen to know if someone managed to install openWRT or DD-WRT on the WL-600G ? on the 500G series yes, but not yet on the 600 series.
    i've been at their site and it says untested, but i can bet someone already tried, though i can't seem to find it on the webz.

forget it, i just read from their developer that broadcom chips 6345 or 6348 are not supported
    fuck. this is the still the best home router i ever had laid my hands on. i guess i will have to stick with official firmwares
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-12-2009 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12