Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT Rep reminder (please read)

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to issue a friendly reminder about BT rep points. BT rep points are only supposed to be given after a successful trade or giveaway. You are not supposed to give "free rep points". You are not supposed to simply ask someone to Rep you for the hell of it. Here is what the stickey says:

Giving A Point To A Member
    • Points can be given to those who give free invites.
    • Points can be given to those you make trades with.
    • DO NOT demand rep points when giving free invites.
    • To give a point click the icon to the left of a post.

Rep is also NOT to be used as a way to call someone a scammer. You will get an infraction for doing this so please don't. We are getting some reports about people either asking for Rep through PM or asking for rep before a successful giveaway/trade. This is not to be done and if anyone you see tries this please report them immediatly

Rep is supposed to be used to help find a trustworthy members and by giving free or premature rep you are only hurting the community and yourselves.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    one thing i wanted to ask about this issue: can the rep contain compliments when a user was really helpful to someone, made some kind of important post?etc etc?
    because, to give an example, almost all my rep comes from that kind of help, not for giving invites.

i don't know, i don't think it causes any harm to the forum, but as it is not included in the rules, i thought of asking.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-11-2009 at 05:36 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Good thread Detale. Thought this should be addressed, as some were abusing it.As you posted above.

I knew i would get a BT rep point for posting this! If it can be removed, that would be cool as it does not fit what BT rep is suppose to be(as Albo asks below)? If not, i am not complaining!

Jerk.
    Last edited by pone44; 02-11-2009 at 07:19 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I got a Rep point for guiding someone with a Ftn Request. Does that mean my bt Rep+ point will be erased?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well no I doubt any of us have the energy to go out and check everyone's Rep points but they are only supposed to be given out for the reasons above.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    ok, i not give free rep

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    good thread Detale (i repped you)
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by DzArEdZ View Post
    ok, i not give free rep
    You're not related to I R Baboon are you ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    the thing i don't understand - why only positive feedback in reps? why negative stuff has to be hush-hush?
    yeah, i can report smth, guy can receive (or not!) some infractions, and then he's clean as the first snow..
    why possible inviter has to go through his posts to find out if the guy traded or not, why not allow to leave such kind of reps (not negative maybe, just informative) within his profile? tried to trade - ok fine, next in queue please..
    ..i remember i gave a rep to mansour a while ago, he asked to rep before the invite was given.. so - okay, i repped him with exact information of what he did.. broke rules as it seems, but.. still can't feel that i did the truly wrong thing
    Last edited by kukushka; 02-11-2009 at 10:08 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I hate rep points. Almost as much as I hate the day they segregated the people who trade invites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast