Thread: Burning To Dvd

Proffesional Dumbass
    my dad recently got a dvd burner and i was wondering how to put my movies in avi format onto it. I know firstly i have to convert them into mpegs but then what? and i know that with a normal cd you can only burn 90 minutes of vcd onto it with a dvd how much more will i be able to burn?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Movie burning doesn't go by minutes it goes by size and a regular CD-R is 700mb (using Nero 800 mb) with a DVD-R is about 4 or 5 gigs I don't know exactly cause I don't have one so u can fit about 6 or 7 700 mb movies on one DVD-R disc. To put the movies on the cd yes they must be encoded to .mpg so if u are encoding a regular SVCD movie then u will get about 3 or 4 movies on one DVD-R

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Very Large Member
    DVDRs wont allow you to burn svcd format movies onto them.You need to do a header trick for it to fool the computer into letting you do that.For all things to do with this subject,this site explains it better than anyone can www.dvdrhelp.com.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    THanxs Jay I didn't even know that. If i had one I would know all about it. But I do know about header tricks. I have to do it for my player cause it can't play svcd's correctly.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Proffesional Dumbass
    thanks for the replies ill do a bit of research