Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An Experiment In Terror

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Well... where to begin... about a week ago, Jonno and I decided to do an experiment of sorts.

As you all know, Jonno plays guitar (very well I might add).

As some of you may know, I sing (not very well, but I always sing anyway as I'm always listening to music).

The result, after days of testing, is that Jonno and I have managed to record a song together. The amazing part of this, is that Jonno lives in England, I live in Canada. Through the power of internet...

This is 4 separate tracks - I recorded the lyrics (while listening to the original song on headphones), Jonno played both guitar parts separately, then recorded the guitar solo, then combined all four tracks. Because of the fact that Jonno is on dial up, he's had to create this at a fairly low bitrate so that we could pass the files back and forth, so the quality isn't amazing, and because this was our first shot at this, we're a little out of sync at times, but the overall effect is pretty cool.

So, without further ado... I give you me and Jonno!!

http://nikki.wgs.ca/patiencejnfinal.mp3

/me hides now

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Wow! That's amazing.

Really nice effort! B)

3. Lounge   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    that is pretty cool. nice cover of guns and roses - patience.

you should redo it at a higher bitrate and you need to sing a little louder nikkid

still very good especially since it was made in two parts and sent over the internet.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Do I have the permission to "play" a little with that experiment, maybe take it forward?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by sabbath@16 September 2003 - 09:58
    Do I have the permission to "play" a little with that experiment, maybe take it forward?
    That is entirely up to Jonno, as he did all the work. I just sang it. He'll be around shortly I'm sure.

I just realized... I probably should have posted this in Musicworld... Hey you mods... can you move this for me? Oh.. wait... doh!!!!

/me hides again

6. Lounge   -   #6
    OK, I think I'm getting the permission then

7. Lounge   -   #7
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    OMFG!!!.........You posted it

Let me just say that the poor quality is largely due to my lack of decent equipment (no sabbeth, not my Epiphone .........It's my Tanglewood acoustic )
    I am having trouble with noise when recording, the reason Nikki's beautiful voice is low volume is because I had to lower it to bring it in line with my volume.

If/When we do another (Nikki's choice......Sweet Child ) I hope to have resolved my tech probs and make it clearer, but cos of noise, once I had cleaned it as much as I could the file was 39megs So it had to be crunch for me to send it

Anyway, I would like to say that it was a great pleasure and a big honor to play alongside our very own NikkiD

@Sabbeth.........Drums?........Hmm.....or Radiators
    You'll have to ask Nikki, it's hers

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Radiators of course

OK, I'm asking you BOTH. May I?

(This is the K-Lite Board, let's not forget that. I'm already being extremely nice asking )

9. Lounge   -   #9
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Yes, you may... this could be good...

@Jonno - You are too sweet. You are the talented one... I'm honoured you let me sing alongside you

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Very nice. Great job!

I'll have to add that song as background music on my next Star Wars Kid video. Then your music will have exposure to hundreds of thousands of listeners. Just kidding.

Good music and vocals, too bad Jonno doesn't have broadband.

May I add, you need a microphone with a screen, or filter (afro) to soften the sound. Prevents exhale "static". But it is still good, don't take it as a bad criticism.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast