Thread: Usenet-News = Awesome!!

PsyCLown's Avatar Member
    Hey all,

thought I'd just throw in a good word for them.

Signed up with them last year sometime, got their smallest produt/service which is a 2GB lifetime block.

I purchased it with the main purpose of posting content to the binary groups. I have come accross 2 small problems, both times just filled in the online help form and got a proper professional reply from them and the problem was sorted out within no time.

If any of you may be considering them or are looking for a premium usenet service, I would not hesitate to recommend them

Thought I'd post this as most of the time people complain about companies and so on.

You can check out their site here: http://usenet-news.net/

P.S. The only way I am related to them, is by me being one of their customers. I am in no other way related or associated with them.
    Last edited by PsyCLown; 02-12-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Not one person notices as our world becomes dislocated...

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Decent prices I suppose ($19/month; unlimited), but Astraweb still has them beat in both retention and price.

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    PsyCLown's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Decent prices I suppose ($19/month; unlimited), but Astraweb still has them beat in both retention and price.
    Yes, Astraweb do have cheaper prices and a higher retention.
    The thing is, their lifetime blocks are really useful for some.

Like me, the main, actually only, reason I wanted to get a premium usenet account was so I could easily post stuff with less hassle and faster.

Their 2GB service is perfect for me. The only bit of downloading I did was to test everything. Posting with their accounts don't count towards your quota (I don't think any providers count posting towards your quota though?). It's a lifetime block and should apparently last untill you use up your quota. Which will never happen if you just post... Or shouldn't.

Depending on what you need. There possibly are better solutions out there. I was commenting on their service mainly, not too much their services and price.

Not one person notices as our world becomes dislocated...

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I have used usenet-news for the last 1+ years, but right now astraweb's block accounts are a better bet. They have greater retention and are a tad bit cheaper.

Usenet-news is good if you refer a lot of your friends/family to get free blocks.