Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Cpu

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    That just what the company said when I ordered it. I guess they lied
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    yep, amd haven't made any xp chips over 2.2GHz yet

Did you get it to work at 166MHz bus speed?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    I am kinda confused about what exactly the FBS speed is, and how to adjust it. I was told in a earlier post the the CPU Clock was the FBS, but now I don't think so.

There is a section in the BIOS that says the FBS is set to 200MHz. But it is grayed out and I can't change it. I am assuming there is an option somewhere that is set to auto, or default that is keeping me from changing it.

Also, since I can set my CPU speed between 2.2 and 2.4 GHz, is that a good speed, or should/could I get more out of it?
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    fsb = front side bus

if ya fsb in ya bios is greyed out, u can adjust usin jumper settings.

if ur fsb is @ 200 and is runnin @ 2.2ghz uve overclocked it!
    its ment to be 333FSB(166) - 2083 Mhz

btw im no hardware expert if the info is incorrect!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    It complicated because you can set your cpu clock speed and your front side bus to be running at different frequencies (ie so your ram can run at a different speed). This is usually a bad idea for AMD chips so you should be setting your FSB / cpu clock multiplier to 1. It seems weird that you can set your cpu clock to over 110 without it crashing, what is your ram rated at? it should be DDR333 or PC2700 or higher, if its not then thats probably whats causing the crashes and you'll either have to get different ram or set the cpu clock / FSB multiplier to something that will allow your ram to run at a speed it can handle.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    If I adjust the Multiplier to anything other than default, the speed reduces dramatically. Plus, I haven't unlocked my CPU, shouldn't that stop me from adjusting the multiplier completely?
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Theres a clock which should be running at 166MHz the cpu multiplier should be at 12.5 and theres another multiplier which generates another frequency for the ram (in mine its called Memory Frequency, but the value is a percentage), its this multiplier i mean and ideally it should be 1 (or maybe it says 100%, but same diff), but if your ram can't handle it then you may have to set it to a lower value.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    I looked for it but couldn't find it.

EDIT: Yeah, I just looked again, there isn't anything like that in my BIOS
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    What it is is a bad power supply!!!. had three machines i had to replace the supplies out with!!. best way to check this is to get a cheap agp card with no acceleration i.e. 2meg ram and only good for 2d app's. and see if the computer fires up!. if it does not fire up replace the cpu hopefully it is still under warranty!.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    you should probably check what speed the ram is, it should say on it.

@Frieghttrain:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast