Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying safe on XboXLiVE

lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    this is a short guide for noobs that covers the do's and don'ts of using XboXLiVE with a MODDED console.

IT HAS BEEN AWHILE SINCE M$ SWUNG THE BAN HAMMER. IT COULD HAPPEN ANY MOMENT SO BE VIGILANT.

:::::1:::::. -Make sure you have a good backup (burnt game). You can check your disc's security elements with XDVDmulleter (Google). here's what a safe disc/iso looks like:

all of the elements circled in red should ALL be ticked off. if they aren't you should definitely seek help and find the right security patches. (Google once again). If you already burnt your game you can load your disc too. If your disc doesn't have all of the security components i strongly suggest you throw it out (or use it as a coaster ). Its not worth loosing your online capabilities over a DL DVD.

:::::2:::::. - if you downloaded a game days before the official release, DON'T play the multilayer feature. This isn't a must, its just smart. better safe than sorry.

:::::3:::::. - If you login to XboXLiVE and you are prompted to update ABSOLUTELY DECLINE!!! Wait for the expert 360 hackers (C4EVA) to analyze the update and check if its safe. You can check on xbox-scene.com. NOTE: this does not apply to game updates.

:::::4:::::. - if a new version of iXtreme firmware is released, update your DVD drives firmware. (use the same technique you used to originally mod your xbox). These updates often contain vital security patches to keep YOU safe on live.

:::::5:::::. - keep it normal. don't go and download a billion games and play them all at once and play all of them. you never know if your "friend" on xbl will rat you out. MOST IMPORTANT: DON'T SAY SHIT ABOUT YOUR MODDED CONSOLE ON XBL (ex.: CoD4, Halo3 etc..). PEOPLE ARE GAY AND THEY WILL RAT YOU OUT JUST TO PISS YOU OFF.

More to come
    Last edited by lukee; 07-24-2008 at 04:22 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    This is useful. I will definitely use this when i get my console modded.

Bookmarked!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    Good opinions m8.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #4
    Thanx for the info.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    thanks a lot i want to stay on the safe side...great tips
    i be lurking

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #6
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Sweet advice! I'll keep this in mind when I mod my 360 next week.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #7
    got banned already. but a few in my family are still online. considering buyin a new 360 and gettin i modded to play online.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #8
    Gotta get mine modded, but will keep this in mind, thanks.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #9
    great info! but if i follow all this wut r my chances getting banned still?

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #10
    ry-the-guy
    Quote Originally Posted by pig098 View Post
    great info! but if i follow all this wut r my chances getting banned still?
    I have been playing (modded) for over two years and am still not banned.
    Last edited by rytheguy; 01-28-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast