Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you need anything else than KG for non-scene / repertoire movies?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hey all

I was thinking of getting an invite to ptp or goem and i figured i'd ask here before if there is any point of having them when you already are an happy KG member.

I don't want to register to any more trackers unless it has special content, so the 1001 movies to see before you die in PTP looks interesting

KG has roughly 10x more torrents though, I'm not sure if those two smaller trackers will provide anything i don't already have on KG

Thx for the input

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    AFAIK, KG doesn't allow mainstream and hollywood movies. I have an account on KG but rarely use it. Both PtP and Goem are very good. If you need mainstream movies, then goem and ptp are the best choices. Also, goem's forums are great. I once asked for some movies recommendations and the recommendations I got were really great.
    Last edited by redMonster; 02-13-2009 at 04:02 PM.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Most of the rips on both are scene rips. So NO.
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bgh520's Avatar Freddie Mercury BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    how about PTN ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Hey all

I don't want to register to any more trackers unless it has special content, so the 1001 movies to see before you die in PTP looks interesting
    That alone is reason enough to register.

Other than that I've been cross referencing older movies that I find interesting and there is a great deal of overlap between PTP and KG.
    Like RedMonster said though both Goem an PTP have a fairly good collection of more recent movies that KG lacks.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Secret cinema comes to mind, but still, as IdolEyes said, the 1001 movies collection is a good enough reason to join.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    thx guys!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    it seems that people misunderstood his question.

Do you need anything else than KG for non-scene / repertoire movies?

All the sites mentioned carry mostly scene releases. The same as every other site.
    Now go away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    it seems that people misunderstood his question.

Do you need anything else than KG for non-scene / repertoire movies?
    Appreciate the clarification benchez but in my case at least misunderstanding shouldn't be confused with not understanding.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The content those other trackers have (which isn't available on KG) is the same as you'd find on any scene / 0day tracker. AFAIK
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast