Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Steam And Cs 1.6

CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by sickmonkey@19 September 2003 - 14:26
    ing steam its highly unreliable i dont care what ANYONE says its a piece of .What the hell are you talkin about-'When it works its good'.OMFG it hardly ever works so its not ing good is it .Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    You are just one sick monkey....

But your also sort of right...

Yes steam works for me perfectly. I double click its shortcut it pops right up in seconds..

All my games work and I have no problems.

But I do feel sorry for other people. What about people that will buy counter-strike in the future, they will try to connect through a game in there menu and find out that....do they realize they need steam. What if they bought counter-strike because they know thier low end pc would run on it and then they have to get stea wich blows that to shit...

I understand that and I am sorry for the people that have a dead product because of that. As far as the slow starting well I think the reason It starts up for me so fast is because of my fast proccessor and ram but it will start up.

Ok cygnuz-Y I really want to help you get this game working. First off let me get this straight, you just want to play counter-strike right???

and I hope you have cable...

Ok make sure all half life and counterstrike games and mods are uninstalled...
    delete thier folders. Then uninstall steam completely, delete its folder. Now install the steam clien WITHOUT the steam cache. Create new account and get to the game section. Make sure the only mods highlighted are Half-Life and Counter-strike. Any other maps, junk say no to. When you get to the game area click on counter-strike, it will ask if you want to add this game say yes. It may seem like it freezes but it won't. Wait untill it brings up a menu that says how many minutes to play counter-strike. Leave it on all night depending on the time it says of course....Then when its done, you should be in game. But still don't play. Exit the counter-strike menu and go to steam, then monitor. Leave that monitor window open, let it update the game counter-strike, and make sure counter-strike has "always update game" on in the properties of it. Go to monitor and when it says no games updating for about 5 minutes then close it. Sometimes it will go on and off with updating cs and then you think its done, but it isn't. After about 5 minutes of saying no games updating (instead of cs just coming up with how many kbps its updating...it will do that), then close it and start cs. Thats what I did and counter-strike and my other games work. Even though I do have a fast computer it takes patients. When you think it has crashed, it may not have.

Hope you get it working and I'm really sorry guys.

Peace

Cade Laguana

2. Games   -   #52
    BANNED
    Originally posted by CadeLaguana@18 September 2003 - 23:02
    Well dwk did you make sure that the v_r_xxx.mdl was renamed to v_xxx.mdl and replace the old one?

(xxx stands for whatever gun it was)
    ok so the nade mod comes with 3 .mdl files

p_hegrenade.mdl
    v_hegrenade.mdl
    w_hegrenade.mdl

and one sound file

pinpull.wav

can u tell me what to do? do i rename these files (of course, except the p mdl) and put em in models/weapons?

DWk

3. Games   -   #53
    Put those models into (default directory: C: Program files\steam\steam apps\YOUR EMAIL\Counter-strike\cstrike\Models

You will have to create a folder and name it "models" in the "cstrike" folder.

Put those models into that folder, and the pinpull wav put it into a folder named "sound". You will have to create the folder named "sound" and also put it in the cstrike folder. I hope I got that right....

Oh and I too can't seem to understand why the models are left handed. I'll have to read around....

4. Games   -   #54
    i dunno why its left handed either but one of my model is right handed for some reason. but if u want to change from left hand to right just open up console and type in cl_righthand 1or 0 depending on what it is at right now.

5. Games   -   #55
    Yes I heard about doing that. I don't feel like it though, I can handel normal models for now...

I'm mainly waiting untill everything is finished, 1.6, steam being ironed out. Then I'll do something...

6. Games   -   #56
    BANNED
    actually i use the regular skins....im not much into fancy things...i just like things working.... but i like the nade mod....the animation is that it throws it into the air flipping...then gets it again...

oh well...yea i can still wait

DWk

7. Games   -   #57
    BANNED

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456