Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam And Cs 1.6

Poster
    I just downloaded Steam, and installed it, i have been trying to put my customizewd models and scripts to it, but Dunno how CS is not the same without all that.... i just dont like the normal models CS 1.6 comes with, and im pretty used to my old models... PLEAZ help!!!!!!!!

BTW i do can play 1.6 in some servers...

2. Games   -   #2
    [FONT=Optima][SIZE=14]STEAM SUCKS

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by sickmonkey@16 September 2003 - 19:12
    [FONT=Optima][SIZE=14]STEAM SUCKS
    HHAHAAH i know, but what else can i do, WON servers will be down in 2 weeks and want to keep playing CS!!!!!

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I can't even join a game that's running cs 1.6 on steam.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    I did yesterday but 15 min ago i tried it and STEAM only says " Exception fault" or somethig like it, so Steam doesnt work for me anymore THEY REALLY FUCKED THINGS UP WITH THAT STEAM SHIT, I think we should unite and send a letter over to Sierra to tell them how "fucked up" we are.....

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Fucking Steam Go to HELL !!!

SOmeone please help me I wanna play counter like in old days ! but thi fucking error appears every time i click on steam.exe

steam.exe (main exeption) : win32 StructureExeption at 0182757A : Unspecified floating-point exception

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Fucking shit another victim.....

I have heard nothing but bad stuff about Steam, WTF where they thinking when they programmed that piece of shit ....?

8. Games   -   #8
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Well if you guys were real counter-strike players you'd adabt to steam. Yes steam does suck, but it doesnt once you get it working. I also heard today that valve are going to make offline lan and bots avalible within the next updates. I have steam running with all my games. I have no problems, I have my guns binded, my spray loaded, my weapon models in. I like steams GUI. I can just hit escape and the menus load in a tenth of a second. Its transparent so you can still see. I can access friends right from the game...It seems the only reason you guys are against it is because you can't get it running for you.

Now that I have my info about the bots and playing offline, Steam is my new best friend.

Before I tell you how to put custom models I need to know something.

Are most of you saying you hate steam just because it seems more popular everywhere. Really are you speaking for yourself and really hate it or just saying that because everyone else is...

I don't think Steam is a mistake...I did think that only because I couldn't get it working. That was stupid of me. I don't see anything to hate about steam. All my games are from easy access from one menu, auto updates, friends list, good GUI as I have stated before...

CUSTOM WEAPON MODELS FOR COUNTER-STRIKE 1.6

You wan't to know, then listen up

create a folder in your steam\steamapps\email\counter-strike\cstrike folder and name it "models". Put all of your custom gun models in there. Do not place "p" models in this folder. "p" models have apperently been locked, probably because people were exploiting that feature by placing "p" guns with 6 foot barrels so they could see peoples guns sticking out through walls. If you try to put a "p" model in the folder, you won't be able to join any servers.

Create another folder in your cstrike directory and call it "sounds", in this folder, create yet another folder and call it "weapons". place your custom weapon sounds in this folder.

Note: The way the game uses left and right handed models has changed! All of your "v" models must be left-handed. When you add cl_righthand "1" to your config, it takes whatever "v" models you have and mirrors them in the other direction. If you use a model that was specifically made to be a right-handed model (most custom models are) it will be mirrored to the left hand. The older custom models have two "v" files in them. For example: V_ak-47, and V_ak-47_r (the one with the _r is the one that is right hand only). Delete the "_r" model and place the other (left-handed) model in the folder because it will be mirrored to the right hand.

Hold off on the custom player models for the time being, 1.6 seems to use different animations so the model makers are gonna have to redo them, remember, not everything will be compatible.

I think this is one of the most constructive posts I have ever posted. I pat myself on the back heh.

9. Games   -   #9
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Oh and if you wan't to bind weapons to keys, 1.6 makes things a hell of a lot easier.

First off here are the weapon/equipment names

pistols
    =======
    glock
    usp
    p228
    deagle
    elites
    fn57

shotguns
    ========
    m3
    xm1014

smg
    ===
    mac10
    tmp
    mp5
    ump45
    p90

rifles
    ======
    galil
    ak47
    scout
    sg552
    awp
    g3sg1
    famas
    m4a1
    aug
    sg550

machine gun
    ===========
    m249

ammo
    ====
    primammo
    secammo

equipment
    =========
    vest
    vesthelm
    flash
    hegren
    sgren
    nvgs
    defuser
    shield

When you wan't to bind a weapon to a key or multiple things to a key just do this:

Example: Bind "p" "m4a1;ak47;primammo"

then hit enter. So if your on terrorist you will get an ak-47 and full ammo and if your on Counter-Terrorist you will get a m4a1 with full primary ammo if you press "p".

Make sure you don't make it a capitle "p" like: Bind "P" ....ect or you will have to hold down shift and press p witch sucks...well thats how it was in 1.5 maybe not in 1.6 dunno....

You want one key for usp and secondary ammo and grenade then:

Bind "[" "usp;secammo;hegren"

But don't forget the parenthases " "

Hope this helps

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Wow thanks for your help CadeLaguana, great guide , now i just need to get Steam to work, 'cuz i only get this....

(pleaz wait till Pic loads&#33
    Its frustating , all my CS 1.5 favorites servers had already updated to Steam, yesterday i played 1.6 OK, but today when i just got back home, THE STUPID ERROR SHOWED UP!!!!!

Dunno what to do....

Can you help me CadeLaguana?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast