Thread: Bt junkie?

..... BT Rep: +2
    I read a article that said that those that sign up there are at risk of having their passkeys stolen according to FSF & CC (so it read)?
    Something about "someone leeching something under your name that you aren’t, please be aware that they actually harvest your private ID (PID) from your .torrent files if you sign up an account with them for remote torrent downloading." ?

Any info on this?

I myself never would sign up or use a public tracker-rarely.

A heads up for those who use these sites. Not sure if true? Must have something to do with those that have Dht enable on their BT client while using both public and private trackers?
    Last edited by pone44; 02-14-2009 at 09:46 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    I read a article that said that those that sign up there are at risk of having their passkeys stolen according to FSF & CC (so it read)?
    Something about "someone leeching something under your name that you aren’t, please be aware that they actually harvest your private ID (PID) from your .torrent files if you sign up an account with them for remote torrent downloading." ?

Any info on this.

I myself never would sign up or use a public tracker-rarely.
    Well. I have use BT Junkie for years, No problem here,[ Knock on wood]......mostly for Older Movies or Videos.