Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lounge

BANNED
    Originally posted by pol+16 September 2003 - 17:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 16 September 2003 - 17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@16 September 2003 - 21:32
    I have to say you chaps are going thro&#39; a particularly harsh phase just now.

We used to be more welcoming to new bods, but now everyone just gets battered for no reason.

You really do have to be a bit more welcoming and make people feel good about coming here.

[/b][/quote]

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@ 16 September 2003 - 22:32
    I have to say you chaps are going thro&#39; a particularly harsh phase just now.

We used to be more welcoming to new bods, but now everyone just gets battered for no reason.

You really do have to be a bit more welcoming and make people feel good about coming here.
    I agree.

A few older board members, including one moderator, set a rather bad example to all the younger posters here, who lap up their every word. Sarcasm, name-calling, condescension, superciliousness, intolerance... The egos get bigger and bigger.

Maybe one or two people need to take an inward look at what they have become. It&#39;s all extremely sad really.

Sure, i&#39;ll get flamed for saying this, but it really doesn&#39;t matter to me. I&#39;ve got a great social life, close friends, a beautiful girlfriend, and a job i love. I don&#39;t need social standing on an internet forum.

Flame away......

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Aberrant
    Maybe it&#39;s the n00bs who have changed JP....
    • ....if someone comes in just lookin for some fun, then great.... the more the merrier....
    • ....but if they come in whining or talkin shit, then there gonna wish they&#39;d stayed out&#33;

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by titey@17 September 2003 - 04:36
    ....if someone comes in just lookin for some fun, then great.... the more the merrier....
    ....but if they come in whining or talkin shit, then there gonna wish they&#39;d stayed out&#33;
    Crikey&#33; You&#39;re a bit of a sort, aren&#39;t you? Reading what you just said, the last line particularly, i hope i never meet you in a pub. Do you have the same attitude in real life?

And what makes you think i was talking about JPaul? What are you accusing him of? If anyone’s attitude was "changed" by spending time on a message board, then i think they are spending far too much time staring at their computer screen and not enough in the real world.

Kinda weird to imagine some unwashed recluse, embittered by their online &#39;experiences&#39;, lashing out at anyone who dare "come in whining or talkin shit".

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by titey@17 September 2003 - 12:36
    • ....if someone comes in just lookin for some fun, then great.... the more the merrier....
    • ....but if they come in whining or talkin shit, then there gonna wish they&#39;d stayed out&#33;
    Hey, loosen up a little there, Liquidacid, Titey was only joking, no-one is that ignorant.

B)

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by liquidacid@17 September 2003 - 03:26

Kinda weird to imagine some unwashed recluse, embittered by their online &#39;experiences&#39;, lashing out at anyone who dare "come in whining or talkin shit".
    After reviewing your past posts I don&#39;t find that hard at all. Maybe an escape would help loosen that load you&#39;ve been carrying so long.
    Yeah, I know, you don&#39;t get it this time either.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@ 17 September 2003 - 11:58
    After reviewing your past posts I don&#39;t find that hard at all. Maybe an escape would help loosen that load you&#39;ve been carrying so long.
    Yeah, I know, you don&#39;t get it this time either.
    Your right, i don&#39;t "get it this time either".
    You&#39;ve been very vague in your accusation, deliberately, because you don&#39;t actually have anything to accuse me of. You&#39;re saying that, having read my posts; you don&#39;t find it hard to imagine the reclusive persona that i described. What are you referring to? How does this relate to me exactly?

You say i need an escape, and that i am "carrying a load". I disagree. Often, i am compelled to voice my opinion, or disapproval, when i see some of the negative attitudes i described earlier, being directed toward those who do not deserve it. What disturbs me the most is when minors are on the receiving end of some scornful, ranting grown man. This might be the internet, but that is very wrong. As i see myself as being articulate enough to voice my opinions, i do so.

Balamm, you know that i oppose your being a moderator on this board. You&#39;ve always exhibited an attitude problem. You seem to gain perverse pleasure from belittling people, and also get kicks from the &#39;power&#39; that you wield in your role. I&#39;m not out to flame, and the Internet is a very small part of my life, but i see what you&#39;re doing as being wrong.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    BANNED
    There are many ways to moderate a forum. Some mods make friends and rely on people to do the right thing. Some are opinionated and bag you if your opinion differs. Some just quietly cut you, obscene but never heard.

Balamm, on the other hand, rules by fear, threats and intimidation, backed up by ruthless banning and public humiliation.

Now, I&#39;m not saying he&#39;s wrong, f*ck that, I don&#39;t wanna get banned.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    The thing I find strangest is that I personally have no gripe with most of the people here. Certainly not anyone who has posted in this thread, at least I don&#39;t recall anyone here being a declared mortal enemy.

However I do see some animosity between some of the people posting. I find this strange as I find you to be reasonable, articulate people (apart from titey obviously but that&#39;s a given).

I am at lose to understand how such obviously decent chaps don&#39;t get on. It must just be a personality clash thing.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Same here, I agree with you Jpaul, especially with regards to titey.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast