Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: File Sharing..

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    i wanna send a bunch of albums to my friend but hes on a mac.. whats a good filesharing program that allows you to view other peoples files that works for mac and pc? and please not an instant messenger, as i want to be able to close the program and resume later. Thanks

Mogadishu.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Try setting up a web or ftp server and listing all the files with that. Thats a sure solution if you cant find a filesharing app for a mac.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by shn@15 September 2003 - 18:16
    Try setting up a web or ftp server and listing all the files with that. Thats a sure solution if you cant find a filesharing app for a mac.
    no.. im not going to run an ftp.. sorry.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Why not?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by shn@15 September 2003 - 18:23
    Why not?
    its too much of a production.. thanks, but id rather not. and dont explain that its easy. i want a filesharing program.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    seriously, setting up a simple ftp server can be done in less than 10 clicks (after install) using bulletftp
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by mogadishu+15 September 2003 - 17:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mogadishu @ 15 September 2003 - 17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@15 September 2003 - 18:23
    Why not?
    its too much of a production.. thanks, but id rather not. and dont explain that its easy. i want a filesharing program. [/b][/quote]
    Well we dont always get what we want........now do we?

So I suppose for your being stubborn youll just be &#036;#@&#036; out of luck

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I dont know why people are being rude on this sumject. Limewire works with both mac&#39;s and pc&#39;s. Also you can always use a instant messanger, but i dont know whitch IM works thogh both.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@15 September 2003 - 21:47
    I dont know why people are being rude on this sumject. Limewire works with both mac&#39;s and pc&#39;s. Also you can always use a instant messanger, but i dont know whitch IM works thogh both.
    thank you shadow.. and if ppl would just listen for a second, i know what im talking about. i cant set up an ftp server due to my router, which is not in my control. Are you happy now??

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Double Agent
    you can&#39;t control your router? you mean your isp&#39;s router? or your own router?

for most routers you can forward port 21 to your computer ip, eg 192.128.0.2

sure you can set it up to run ftp server...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast