Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norton Corporate Edition

Poster
    Give it a try, if it doesn't work now, I'd guess you have a corrupt install.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by balamm@17 September 2003 - 09:27
    Give it a try, if it doesn't work now, I'd guess you have a corrupt install.
    when i restarted windows it said windows might need the symevent.386 file to restart correctly, or some error like that. do u know what that's about? it said if you no longer want the file to run the program's uninstaller.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Ok so your search wasn't complete. Symevent belongs to the regular norton. You're going to really have to hunt down all those keys and any folders left behind in program files.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by balamm@17 September 2003 - 09:39
    Ok so your search wasn't complete. Symevent belongs to the regular norton. You're going to really have to hunt down all those keys and any folders left behind in program files.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    I ran MSCONFIG and saw some things in C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1, but I can't find those folder's. There in the startup section.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    just type anything like that into the search field in the jv16 box in the tab I showed you . And open "my computer/program files" and look for a norton or symantec folder there, or anything containing those names. Some may say symantec shared

If you type norton, or symantec into the jv16 search, it should bring up most related files. Just delete all those too.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1, is just a truncated folder name so it's still installed obviously. it would be c:\Program Files\symantec.... something..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by balamm@17 September 2003 - 09:49
    C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1, is just a truncated folder name so it's still installed obviously. it would be c:\Program Files\symantec.... something..
    ok im checking it out now, had to find a crack for the jv16 program.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    I deleted some stuff, but to no avail. I keep getting that message when I start up and the crack isn't working, so I can no longer get into the program . I have no folder named Norton or Symantec in my program files.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    K, I found some stuff, deleted it and still I get that windows needs the SYMEVNT.386.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast