Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VncServer Problems

Do i need to open a port for utorrent because it says i am receiving no incoming connections

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cow800 View Post
    Do i need to open a port for utorrent because it says i am receiving no incoming connections
    i didn't and i have a green checkmark in utorrent. did you change utorrent settings to use a port above 45000?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    yeah i did change it to a port above 45000 but surely iptables will be blocking it because it dosn't tell you to add a rule for it

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Ubuntu desktop never comes with root user enabled. Just type

sudo passwd root
    enter a new password and you'll enable root
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cow800 View Post
    yeah i did change it to a port above 45000 but surely iptables will be blocking it because it dosn't tell you to add a rule for it
    did you install a firewall yet? if not, i can't think of any other reasons why you wouldn't get connections on a well-seeded torrent. i didn't have to change anything regarding iptables.
    Last edited by lee551; 02-18-2009 at 09:38 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    i have installed fiestarter as the guide said. I am downloading/uploading on the torrents , but at the botom it says i have connection problems and its not a green tick. also the speeds are not too good.

I also cannot access my ftp . it just says access denied
    what happens if they find out its being used for torrents?
    Last edited by cow800; 02-18-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    try to change your port number, close utorrent, close the xterm terminal that launched utorrent, and then change the vsftpd.conf to the new port number. kill the vnc server. wait a few mins. then restart the vnc server, start a fresh utorrent and see if you get your green check.

sometimes if i close utorrent and open it again too soon i won't get the green check again without changing the port and restarting everything.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I changed the port number and it seems to be ok now. Gonna try messing about with the ftp tomorrow cos its driving me mad now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12