Thread: Questio For Balamm

Trying to get critical updates from M/S. but Sygate won't allow connection. Have turned off "Stealth Browsing" but don't want to shut the firewall down completely. Can you advise how to get Sygate to allow Windows Update please?
    Many Thanks. (Sygate Personal Firewall Pro)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    you have probably not allowed a few components that windows update needs to work.

not sure how to allow them in sysgate though as i dont use it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Just right click and click alow all till the update is done, i really dont think you have to worrie. I dont think you be under attack in that little bit of time.

Also 4play i noticed you changed your avatar & sig.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lol yeah everyone misses that fine ass, and el jefe removed my sig that evil mod

still strong bad is cool. B)

edit : oppps wrong mod

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Why did he remove it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    it was too big in size i could just resize it and add it again but i can be bothered.

might do that tonight.

then again i was gonna add a pic of trogdor the burninator in there for a laugh.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Man that sucks, i didnt reconize that it was you for sec.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by kennyboy@17 September 2003 - 06:48
    Trying to get critical updates from M/S. but Sygate won't allow connection. Have turned off "Stealth Browsing" but don't want to shut the firewall down completely. Can you advise how to get Sygate to allow Windows Update please?
    Many Thanks. (Sygate Personal Firewall Pro)
    That's a good question and one I hope MS will have an answer fo very soon. It's not sygate stopping the update, it's microsoft. They insist on knowing who and where you are and having full access to your PC that the updates are supposed to protect.
    MS just will not allow updates while you are running a decent firewall. Absolutely stupid because of the amount of time they waste with lost connections and poor installers and activex crap while you sit exposed to the open network.
    The first hack usually comes within 5 minutes of starting up a new OS. So why does MS want you to leave yourself exposed for 1/2 hour or more?

I use the MS download center now for my major updates and save all others to CD before reinstalling a system. That minimizes the potential for disaster by keeping you off line till most security patches are in place.