Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BT client of your dreams?

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I wouldn't mind having what stoi said too. I never understood why clients show your ip. But I guess there's a reason that I don't know about...

Anyways, besides the ip thing, KTorrent is my perfect client. It's lightweight, has a bunch of options, great looking interface, and will also play media.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I wouldn't mind having what stoi said too. I never understood why clients show your ip. But I guess there's a reason that I don't know about...

Anyways, besides the ip thing, KTorrent is my perfect client. It's lightweight, has a bunch of options, great looking interface, and will also play media.
    too bad ips cannot be hidden.... possible 2 see em in a way or another

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Well how do you want to transmit data end-to-end without giving out your connection id.

You could try IP spoofing, then the seeder could be anonymous for example.

[from 0.0.0.0 to 92.126.11.15 S7fsd9FS df0aPs6F ...]

Or by plausible deniability, but this isn't appropriate for private trackers.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What i mean is, the staff of the tracker would see your real IP, but the client would not. OK you could do an IP trace from the command line, but then you are just getting all IPs that connect to you, you have no clue what they are actually doing or what torrent they are on, even if they are on a torrent.

So it would be username on that tracker, percentage, speed up or down.

and that is all you would see in your actual client.

you would not be able to see any IPs at all from within the client but you would know that "mark" is giving you 20KBs and "fred" 2mbits type thing.

but like i already said, i dont think its possible, which is a shame.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    nothing is impossible im sure some good coder can do it

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I have absolutely no idea if it's possible or not since I knowing pratically nothing about coding. But an option in the client, something like, Make IP Addres Not Visible To Others would be mighty fine.

But then again, Stoi may be right. If something like this was possible it would probably have been done already.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I have absolutely no idea if it's possible or not since I knowing pratically nothing about coding. But an option in the client, something like, Make IP Addres Not Visible To Others would be mighty fine.

But then again, Stoi may be right. If something like this was possible it would probably have been done already.
    or then its just way too tricky

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well the problem is, you have to get the tracker talking to the client, atm all the tracker does is send peer info, and thats it, just numbers of peers, the actual clients speak to each other, the tracker does not.

for it to work, you have have to have tracker and clients talking to each other all the time, which does not happen now (well it does but not in any great detail).

So it will ne be a tracker/client combo sort of thing, so not only a new client but a new tracker announce at least.

it may also be far to much server load as well, all i know one of my coders 4 years ago said it would need a brand new protocol to do it properly, it will never work with bittorrent as we know it now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Dolphin's Avatar Poster
    A private uTorrent
    Good albums - Use your illusion 1 & 2 and Appetite for destruction

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    technodrome's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Juscallmesez View Post
    Mhh..how about a client based on shumod(version undetectable/invisible )
    Die...
    +1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast