Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby question

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Just as long as it's not banana.
    Quavers, skips and milky bars are all a young child needs. Space raiders are a bad idea though.

My six year old has a crisps phobia now. He hadn't wanted to eat crisps since he was three or there abouts. One night he ran away from me when I opened a pack of prawn cocktail next to him. I took notice of his weakness and the next night, when he was annoying me, I chased him about the house with a space raider, he was in tears like.

I thought he must be the only one who had a fear of crisps, but I googled it and there's loads of weirdos like him.

If anyone from social services reads this forum and has taken notice of my parenting skills, I may be in a bit of trouble.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    2 out of 3 of mine are still in the 95th percentile height and weight at ages 2 and 4. I don't know if you have these where you are but I know all my little ones loved them and they are a great thing to test the solid food waters out. The first are "Veggie puffs" they have different flavors and the melt right away as someone suggested above. The other are "yogurt melts" and again as the title suggests they melt in about 2-3 seconds so the risk of the tike choking is almost none. Check them out. As long as you only give them a little "solid food at first and they can digest it all should be well.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Why the phuck can I no give him banana JayPea?

Thanks for all the advice guys, I think I can take it from here.

Detale, I've not seen the things you are talking about but I'll have a wee look about. For now though he seems happy with a few slices of mashed banana and a bottle of formula + breastmilk when he goes to bed. He only woke up once last night for a quick drink, but that was after a good 8 hours sleep so seems to be working for him.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    2 out of 3 of mine are still in the 95th percentile height and weight at ages 2 and 4. I don't know if you have these where you are but I know all my little ones loved them and they are a great thing to test the solid food waters out. The first are "Veggie puffs" they have different flavors and the melt right away as someone suggested above. The other are "yogurt melts" and again as the title suggests they melt in about 2-3 seconds so the risk of the tike choking is almost none. Check them out. As long as you only give them a little "solid food at first and they can digest it all should be well.
    Genious :earl:

Highlights

"...a great thing to test the solid food waters out"

Speaks for itself

"...so the risk of the tike choking is almost none"

So what, 60/40 on infanticide.

As long as you only give them a little "solid food at first and they can digest it all should be well.

:sage:

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Why the phuck can I no give him banana JayPea?
    I think it's better to introduce vegetables before fruit. The banana is sweet and he'll be all like, ya dancer get that into me. Then if he gets vegetables he'll be like, fuck that where's my banana, milk girl. Babies are cunning wee bar stewards.

Avocado, that's quality but well ripe and all mashed up to fuck. Well cooked carrots all soft and puréed.

Remember to try one thing at a time, don't change about. Feed something for a few days just in case he reacts badly then you'll know what it is.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    vrie
    ok, I breast fed both of my children until 2 yrs. in the beginning it was hard to find a good schedule but after a few weeks it does get better then they change again and again.. They fed for comfort and because they were hungry.
    Both ate at different times and speeds but your body will fill your child's demands if you are willing to fed at all hours.. He will be much healthier if you can stick to your guns and breast feed... formula causes more of a tummy ache then breast milk. If you want more help staying on track with breast feeding I am a part of the la leche league please let me know... oh & if you need to feed him something solid try taking a banana and smash it with a spoon until it is smooth and creamy them add a bit of breast milk and try it.. it worked for my youngest and made her so happy... : } for teething their is a tablet that you can use from heath food stores or old trick freeze a wet wash cloth and let them naw away.... hope this helps some..

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Ok well... I started off with banana so I'll stick to that for a few days and then try carrots.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge

Highlights

Speaks for itself

As long as you only give them a little "solid food at first and they can digest it all should be well.

Another quality post from a quality member. You're an asset to the place

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by vrie View Post
    ok, I breast fed both of my children until 2 yrs. in the beginning it was hard to find a good schedule but after a few weeks it does get better then they change again and again.. They fed for comfort and because they were hungry.
    Both ate at different times and speeds but your body will fill your child's demands if you are willing to fed at all hours.. He will be much healthier if you can stick to your guns and breast feed... formula causes more of a tummy ache then breast milk. If you want more help staying on track with breast feeding I am a part of the la leche league please let me know... oh & if you need to feed him something solid try taking a banana and smash it with a spoon until it is smooth and creamy them add a bit of breast milk and try it.. it worked for my youngest and made her so happy... : } for teething their is a tablet that you can use from heath food stores or old trick freeze a wet wash cloth and let them naw away.... hope this helps some..
    Thanks for that.

I intend to keep feeding him breastmilk as his main diet as it were, but as I said before, he is a big boy for his age and he needs more than just breastmilk. I don't mind getting up once or twice a night to feed him, but not 3 to 4 times as I was doing over the last week. It left me feeling absolutely exhausted with no energy to play or interact with him throughout the day. I think it's important to strike a right balance. He's been getting a little bit of mashed banana in the morning and a few ounces of formula before bedtime, followed by breastmilk...
    He's much happier and not asking to be fed all the time and he's way more alert so I think this is the way to go for him.
    I'm part of a breastfeeding group myself and I'm doing training to become a Community Mum. I think breastfeeding is really important but so is the need of the child.
    Ben has always been early with all his milestones and I'm letting him decide what pace he wants to go at. He was giving out signals that he was ready for a little bit of solid food so that's what I'm going with.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

10. Lounge   -   #30

Highlights

Speaks for itself

Another quality post from a quality member. You're an asset to the place
    Your an arsehole, so that balances it out.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast