Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent + Alcohol = Disaster

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You should have just used the "King Kong" defense. Just because you say you are RIAA corporate lawyer X doesn't mean that you are corporate lawyer X until they can prove otherwise.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 02-23-2009 at 02:40 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Harsh but fair imo, bl OP

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    remember, you're talking to a lot of people who "resigned" after the whole oink thing, so anal-retentive security measures with some sites is an understatement; it's also expected.

i've seen you on a lot of 'smaller' sites, that are that way because of security issues, so you shouldn't think this is unexpected, or even unwarranted.

however, this is a bit much. to think that an authority would message an individual and tell him that his IP was traced is pretty funny. of course that isn't how the law operates in most places; i'm sure What? said you were banned for an underground invite trading ring, since they think it's very bad to ban someone because you know they're an authority.

real sillyness from both parties.

they didn't built Rome in one day

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    integral, it is completely silly.

It should be an issue between me, the What staff, and the poor soul I scared half to death.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    It should be an issue between me, the What staff, and the poor soul I scared half to death.
    Then why make a public thread in a public forum?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Alcohol can make people do stupid things, and people cannot be held accountable for what they do when they are pissed.

I will say, though, that it is a sober decision to start drinking in the first place, so even though someone under the influence of alcohol is not accountable for their actions, they are accountable for drinking in the first place.

The simple fact is that you scared the life out of someone by pretending to be someone you are not. With the current climate in general, and piracy in particular, your joke was no way in good taste. What with the closure of OiNK and the current trial of TPB, even drunk you should have realised that what you were doing would not be well received.

As stoi has said, lessons need to be learnt. We have banned members for much less. Anyone who is perceived as a threat to the operation of a site or the well being of its members will be banned without question, and that ban may well be implemented by any number of additional sites.

Never ever think that the admin from different sites don't speak to each other. We are in constant communication, and we all know what is going on with each others sites. If you misbehave on one site, then chances are that other admins will know of that transgression.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I forgot about the whole Oink thing. Some folks on the What.cd staff supposedly were Oink staff at one point too. So they're probably a little more hypersensitive about the popo then other places. Considering, they could be the ones picking up the soap.
    See ya in another life, brother.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    no it shouldnt.

the sooner every member realises that their actions on 1 tracker, can effect their accounts on all trackers, the better as far as i am concerned.

btw he never got banned for that site, christ i have just made Detale an account on BCG and what is he a staff member of, yes an invite trading site.

he got banned for the PM on what, yes it was silly, it was bloody stupid actually, but i will sleep on it.

hopefully by the time i have woke up, other staff members that know about this, can put their 2 cents in, seems to be me against him atm, so i am going to shut up now and let others have their say.

PS: i was writing this as TheFox was writing his lol so another staffer has had a say.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-23-2009 at 02:54 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Good thinking. I'll catch some shut-eye as well, and check this thread in the morning.

EDIT: If anyone wants to throw in their 2 cents, be my guest. My blunder is your amusement, as it were.

EDIT2: Duly noted, fox. I read your post, then read it again. And I agree with everything you just said.
    Last edited by Cheeseman1208; 02-23-2009 at 02:58 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    hey cheeseman read this:

The FBI has tracked down two individuals who uploaded Oscar screeners to BitTorrent trackers. The pair are accused of uploading screeners of Australia, Benjamin Button and Slumdog Millionaire to The Pirate Bay, Demonoid and Movie Hogs. They face harsh punishment of three years in jail.
    this is news from two days ago.

how can you be so stupid and threaten a stranger with this? alcohol is no excuse. your sense of humour always sucked as one can clearly see by what you did in order to get an ftn invite. someone asked him to take a picture with a keyboard on his head ...

before somebody screams that i violated his privacy. this pic was already published on fst and i just copied it from another thread.

now put something on your head, chill and don't drink and type anymore.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-23-2009 at 03:18 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast