Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent + Alcohol = Disaster

hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    Personnaly I believe Cheeseman deserves a second chance, he knows he fucked up and I'm sure he learned his lesson.
    What would be interesting is to know the victim's opinion, because if the guy who got the pm forgives him then I don't see why all bittorent should go balistic.
    Like the OP said, this is between him, the victim and the What staff, this is a personal matter.
    On the other side, if sites decide the pm was too harsh and think you are an ass, its their right to ban you. Hell if I had a tracker I wouldn't want jerks to be a part of it.
    But that's the thing, judging on your posts in this thread, I don't think you are. A jerk would not admit he was a jerk and apologize.
    I see Stoi getting all pissed and swearing all over the place and saying traders and cheaters should be banned from every site. That cracks me up. He was an ass, but that's it. Nothing more. Doesn't deserve this kind of hate.
    Then again that's just my 2 cents

H.
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-23-2009 at 03:27 AM.

"It's not where you take things from -It's where you take them to"
    Jean-Luc Godard

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    An extremely stupid thing to do and losing the account at What forever, is both fair and what can be expected.

The bannings on other sites are a bit harsh though IMO. It's not like anyone truly believes he is RIAA.. or for that matter associated with any Anti Piracy organization.

Oh and I wouldn't mind having him back at that unnamed site, so please reconsider the ban there
    Last edited by Night0wl; 02-23-2009 at 04:17 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Like the OP said, this is between him, the victim and the What staff, this is a personal matter.

so hmm why is everyone on here getting involved then?

The bannings on other sites are a bit harsh though IMO.

well i never asked for your opinion tbh i dont give damn for anyones opinion. (the op brought this up by posting it here)

yes i know it was not a serious PM, but thats not the point of this, i never once thought it was serious, i knew it was a joke, it was just not a very funny one.

so i banned him, haha joke is on him, get the fuck over it.

PS: i can swear all over the place if i want to swear all over the place, i am sick of being all sweet and innocent as if butter wouldnt melt in my mouth, again get the fuck over it.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-23-2009 at 04:25 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Dude just think abt the poor guy whom u threatened .. While u r were blissfully sleeping under the influence of alcohol this poor guy was undergoing mental torture to say the least after what not piracy shit has been in the news ..
    You need to be globally banned in order to set an example that BT is not a place to have fun at the expense of other people (except in IRC) ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    we're getting involved because it was posted on a public forum, thus opening it up to a public forum.

it was between him, the victim, and the what staff. that's why he's banned at bcg right?

after your posting in this thread, i'm pretty sure you're just following suit with other staff at other sites, which is why you stated that you're waiting for what other staff says about the matter, as if you had no power to unban him yourself, on the site your own, because you have to wait for some great tribunal to decide. i really hope that isn't the case.

there's not much else to be said about the matter anyway. one of the victims in this case (cheeseman, the other being the guy he pmed) decided to open up his situation for public judgment. so let it be that way, until a mod here decides to close it or he requests it be closed.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    PS: i can swear all over the place if i want to swear all over the place, i am sick of being all sweet and innocent as if butter wouldnt melt in my mouth, again get the fuck over it.
    lol stoi. Everyone knows what a sweet innocent chap you are. P.S,'s like that are useless.

J/K

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you're pouring water on a drowning man... he apologized numerous times for what he did and admitted his fault, no need to insist...
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Personally if he was on my site I would ban him also. I find what he pm'ed the dude in no way funny drunk or not.

And for those of you who are defending him put yourself in the shoes of the person whom he sent that PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    why do people drink and then go on the computer.
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycryst View Post
    While I don't agree with Cheeseman did, as it was obviously idiotic, his invite tree should not be to blame. I can't defend him much, only assure you that hes not any kind of agent against bittorrent. However, I will say that his invite tree consists of many other IRL friends I have. I think the only site that banned his invite tree was what, and I talked with the staff there politely and sorted out the situation for the RL friends I have there. If any other sites have banned his invite tree, I'll be happy to vouch for the RL friends I have who might be entangled.

Cheeseman, Count your losses. I'm sorry man, but that was a stupid move; no matter how drunk you were.

I know your not any kind of agent, but when you send a PM like that to someone... what do you expect?
    Jaycryst you need to seriously look at Cheeseman's whole past. Now I have given him a pass and not commented for a long time yet he is still managing to crash through the bit torrent community ramming his views down everyones necks and having 'disagreements' repetitively with staff on bt trackers, lest we forget your little stoush with squizzle there cheeseman.
    You (Cheeseman 1208) are a former trader, and heavily involved with zaa730 an invite seller. You created Arm The Resistance to find a 'communistic' way of sharing out invites to bit torrent users based on Karl Marx' theories. I challenged you about this at the time, but you seem to think that everyone has the right to have memberships in private communities no matter what.
    Now we have this latest incident, where something you thought was funny as shit actually scared another member. Simply put you are a threat to the bit torrent community, your actions have always been arrogant and ill advised, you don't listen to what others tell you and just charge around like a bull in a china shop. You may not be a 'legal' threat, but your whole history is one of selfish self interest.
    Last edited by Artemis; 02-23-2009 at 05:39 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast