Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TV or no TV?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    About 4 months ago my TV was shorted out or something by lightning and no longer worked properly, so I threw it out. I knew I was going to be moving about a month later so I just told myself to wait until after the move to tackle getting a new set. Well, I've been moved for 2 months now and don't even really miss my TV or feel the strong desire for another.

I get all my shows from Usenet now and watch them on the PC shortly after they air; nothing new there.

I'm finding myself going out more and doing things that I might not normally. Does anyone here live TV free or gone any long duration without? Did you end up getting one?

I'm considering holding out until football season starts in the Fall.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i do live a bit like you, though some times i need to go to one of my nearest cafeterias to watch my team's football matches (soccer as you call it). But it's a nice pretext to go meet some friends and neighbours and have those healthy sports discussions, heh.
    other than that, i watch all my news streamlined, i DL all the tvshows i need too, etc etc. and it was mostly my GF's iniciative.

what i miss the most is sometimes that background noise feeling you have when the TV is on, even if you are not watching or paying attention, especially at dinner time.
    dunno, it's still when i could miss my TV.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-23-2009 at 04:41 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I have been TV free since last 2 years .. Indian TV serials have too much Drama in them so its not like i miss anything .. As for the news i have the net and Newspaper .. But i would be getting one if i get myself a Wii .. Virtual Workout FTW!!!!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have noticed that I spend more time in front of the PC now as well though, which I guess is more of a downside. Such as when I cook dinner or something, I plop down in front of the PC instead of the TV. I also don't have anything to do when cooking now... usually I watch TV whilst doing so but now I just post about not having one.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    What about music do you listen to more music. My wife would divorce me if we had no TV. I mean can you imagine having to talk to me all day

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    indeed, Tv is necessary to keep the woman busy. fact. i know by experience that even if you keep TBs and TBs of HDDs with serials, she would always want to watch that crap no one else bothers to release on p2p.
    so the trick is to get her some nice live streaming sites, either music or video, plus loads of serials, wireless internet, and you have her distracted.

well, as payment, i'm having daily free polish and cooking lessons. and we go out more often aswell, instead looking at a tv.
    women, can't live without'em ...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    tv is not very important to me, when i flashback i realize i never watch tv maybe i shud sell it so i not have to pay tv licence but sometimes can be good like war in world... i watch tv everyday many hours in 11 september and foolowing days..

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by droste View Post
    tv is not very important to me, when i flashback i realize i never watch tv maybe i shud sell it so i not have to pay tv licence but sometimes can be good like war in world... i watch tv everyday many hours in 11 september and foolowing days..
    O Hai Osama what's the reception like in that cave, huh?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droste View Post
    O Hai Osama what's the reception like in that cave, huh?
    no it was abt the towers and usa attacking..

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    What towers? What the hell are you talking about?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast