Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norton Corporate Edition

For some reason this won't run on my comp correctly. Caused Fatal Exceptions and system freezeup's. I heard it was suppose to be one the best so does anyone know why this won't work on my comp? Could it be I'm running WIN 98 SE?

Also does anyone one know a really good anti-virus that I could run on this OS without any probs?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Norton Corporate Edition has some problems,on my pc worked ,then i formatted my disk try to reinstall and gives me errors all the time .(you talk about the Antivirus,right?).Now i'm back to AVG.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Did you uninstall all previous Norton crap and clean the reg of lucom, vbox, symevent and all the other useless keys norton regular installs?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by balamm@17 September 2003 - 07:29
    Did you uninstall all previous Norton crap and clean the reg of lucom, vbox, symevent and all the other useless keys norton regular installs?
    uuh not sure

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    You'll need to uninstall corporate, regular norton products, install jv16 power tools, search the reg for those names i listed and try it again. There are more junk keys that will corupt the OS but you'll have to search those on symantec.com or google.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by balamm@17 September 2003 - 07:32
    You'll need to uninstall corporate, regular norton products, install jv16 power tools, search the reg for those names i listed and try it again. There are more junk keys that will corupt the OS but you'll have to search those on symantec.com or google.
    ok thank you. umm how do I search the reg for these things?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by angelique+17 September 2003 - 07:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (angelique @ 17 September 2003 - 07:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-balamm@17 September 2003 - 07:32
    You&#39;ll need to uninstall corporate, regular norton products, install jv16 power tools, search the reg for those names i listed and try it again. There are more junk keys that will corupt the OS but you&#39;ll have to search those on symantec.com or google.
    ok thank you. umm how do I search the reg for these things? [/b][/quote]
    nevermidnd I got it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I didn&#39;t find any of the ones you mentioned, but it did bring up alot of other stuff. Is it safe if I can delete the stuff that showed up, there was alot but I don&#39;t wanna mess up my registry if I do.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Anything related to norton you can gt rid of. Did you actually search for it by name? I think it&#39;s the third tab over in jv16. Try those names I gave and they should come up. Try just symantec or norton as well. Anything associated should appear.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by balamm@17 September 2003 - 08:27
    Anything related to norton you can gt rid of. Did you actually search for it by name? I think it&#39;s the third tab over in jv16. Try those names I gave and they should come up. Try just symantec or norton as well. Anything associated should appear.
    ok I&#39;ll try it again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast