View Poll Results: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please get rid of it.

208 65.41%
  • No it should stay where it is.

110 34.59%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    So its OK to break tracker rules, but god forbid if you break FST rules?

lets be honest here, most trackers, trading is against their rules, but traders dont care one iota about that, neither does FST.

OK if it was not against our rules, then fine get on with it, but this is what it comes down to, FST and traders, even giveaways on here, are against most trackers rules, but yous dont give a toss, that is what gets on tracker staffs tits.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-25-2009 at 10:28 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    noo fst shouldnt get rid of trading section...
    because
    fst wouldnt be a better place all of a sudden without traders then what it really is .....
    people dont really change....if some one thinks if they kill every one who has wronged in one generation...the jails would be empty the next generation and further generations to come....its a wrong idea.....its not the system its human nature which is flawed

....there will always be people who do things right way and who dont do things the right way.

i started off trading and i have been a pretty good member in all the sites i am on......may be trading should be given atleast a few more years before being scrapped.

if not here they would trade somewhere else...people usually see what they want to see...if u r a trader u thing trading is the best way to go about it...anyways i dont really know much of anything

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    From my POV, and this is mine, not every tracker staff out there, there are good ways to trade, and there are bad ways.

Lets say you have Frank and Mavis, they are on a general tracker, they get talking on MSN/IRC, Frank says he would love to get in a game only tracker, Mavis says she would love to get into a TV only tracker, low and behold, Frank has a BitmeTV invite, and Mavis has a BCG invite, so they invite each other into those trackers.

That to me is fine, as both want them, and both will use them, and more importantly, both know each other before and after the trade.

What i think is wrong, is trading with someone you have no idea who they are.

take the 2 members above, they still want to get in those sites, but they do not know each other, They both trade on here, but Mavis has been a very clever cheat for awhile on BCG so we have not spotted here, Frank thinks with ratio SS and Speedtests she is a really good member, Frank gets mavis into BitmeTV, she cheats, gets caught, Frank and Mavis loose both accounts on BCG and BitmeTV.

and then you have the members that just want every tracker, and 5 accounts on each, they are addicted to trading, they dont really give a shit about the site, they use a seedbox, to up their ratio to get invites, or to have a better account, some even donate to get a better bargaining tool, and then trade, trade, trade.

All they care about is their addiction to trading, they dont give a toss about the sites in question, or the other members they are trading with, and they also know, that if they get banned, np, just trade again to get back in.

so just think next time you do a giveaway or a trade, you very well may be bringing in a member to that tracker, that has just been banned not long ago.

Yes is is a fast way of getting what you want, but is it really worth it, surely getting to know people on trackers and socializing and getting noticed is a better way (slower yes, but definately better).

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    well yeah may be there is some times when trade you do get greedy...i myself have been tempted to trade for something which i dont have and i dont need....luckily i have been able to stop myself for making such trades...

and yes i doo feel getting to know people on trackers and socializing and getting noticed is a better way (slower yes, but definately better).
    but i dont know if its worth the wait...jsut because of the time u gotta spend on getting to know some one who u would probabaly never meet.....and jsut when u r starting to get noticed oink gets shut down...u need to start the whole process...u got college to worry, and all the bieautifull gals around, the phone sex,cyber sex, the real sex, theater sex.......and then the real friends....and sleeping masterbating,pretending to study, pretending to work, watch all the movies u downloaded, play all the games u downloaded.....whew is there enough time?.... is 24 hrs enough is the real question?

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    16 votes for no but no good reason to keep it and nobody reply's that sad because they know they are traders and still HIDE.
    BT reps have nothing to do with trades i didn't get my reps from trading . So it's not neccesary to say that if you have BT reps you are a trader

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    So its OK to break tracker rules, but god forbid if you break FST rules?

lets be honest here, most trackers, trading is against their rules, but traders dont care one iota about that, neither does FST.

OK if it was not against our rules, then fine get on with it, but this is what it comes down to, FST and traders, even giveaways on here, are against most trackers rules, but yous dont give a toss, that is what gets on tracker staffs tits.
    We are all against rules,why do you avoid this fact??

this is kind of food chain.

In the bottom of the chain;there are traders which site staffs try to hunt and get rid of them
    In the middle of the chain,there are trackers which Mpaa and others try to hunt and get rid of them.

So you too;dont give a toss and that is what gets on mpaa and others tits.

So how can you talk against us while u are acting like us??

Maybe some trackers need to shut up.because this can be what it will come down to.

Normally,in a food chain the one in the bottom cant hunt the one in the middle.But i think we have an exception here.Do not forget this.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    In indian forums (like most others i assume) there is option in your profile which allows you to choose wether you want to see threads will adult content(posted in a different subforum) or not .. This was primarily dont to achive the safe browsing for the office going users like myself who browse such forums on from office too ..
    Wouldnt it be better that you can implement some thing of this sort here .. Make sure others can view what option you have selected in the profile regarding this so as to make sure that the two groups exactly knw who is what ..

I think polls like this arnt exactly helpfull in solving the purpose for which they are created .. you can never estimate the damage this site will suffer due to closure of trade section .. It mite prove disastrous after a few months ..

Thirdly I really dont wanna see FST go down the same path as other forums where everyone is just another arse licker trying to get into the new leet tracker .. Atleast traders have some self respect and dont go beggin abt invites or do foolish things(<insert cheesemen stupid photo here>) ..

FST is what is it because of the freedom given here to each individual .. 30 days is enuff time for any new member to choose the path he wants to take oh how to progress in this BT hierarchy .. The regulars here can advice them as to what to do but the end decision lies with them .. Dont force people on what needs to be done ..

You also do realise that its the traders that bring some really kick ass threads into existence in FST

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    To borrow a little from what stoi already said, we're ultimately seeking to join private trackers - trackers with their own specific rules. And almost universally, they ban trading. So when you join a tracker, you're receiving the invite with the condition that you'll play by their rules; it is their house after all.

How many times have users complained here when they feel they've been unfairly banned, especially when they've been good users? Well, tracker admins can feel similarly cheated when they find out a supposedly good user has been secretly breaking their rules the entire time. Other users end up paying the consequences (i.e., losing invites, privileges, etc.) To me, it just comes down to mutual respect.

Beyond that, I feel it's a big safety issue for all trackers. As one poster already stated, traders are too easily driven by the temptation of the next great tracker - and will frequently cut corners when deciding who their trading partner will be. All it takes is one mistake - the wrong invitee - to bring down an entire tracker.

For those reasons, I voted to get rid of the trading section.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    So you too;dont give a toss and that is what gets on mpaa and others tits.

So how can you talk against us while u are acting like us??

Maybe some trackers need to shut up.because this can be what it will come down to.
    I think what you fail to understand is that the no-trading rule isn't arbitrary. Just about every tracker has this rule in place so that we are all protected. We all don't follow the mpaa's rules - that doesn't mean we should sacrifice our own safety for the sake of proving hypocrisy.
    Last edited by crimsoncrow; 02-25-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Shalafi you have a very strange way of looking at things. I can see where you are coming from but it is flawed.

If there was no Cheaters, i would open up. christ i have opened up to 100,000 members before, within a year we are back down to 27,000 members, that must tell you something.

Problem is it is a viscious circle.

We open up we get cheats and dupe accounts, that are to the used for trading "if" we ever close our doors in the future.

We stay closed we get traders who trade accounts they signed up with when we were open, this also brings in cheaters.

We have invites to get new members in, hopefully good ones, and members that get the invites, just want something in reteurn, so they trade, or sell them.

The whole point of trading is, you get something for free (an account or an invite) and you profit from it (get into another site, or sell them).

to me it has not got much to do about security, if they want you, they dont even have to be in your tracker, they will still get you.

all i would like, is good members, that do not cheat, that use the tracker how they want to use it, that help every other member out, either with seeding for eternity, uploading their own stuff, uploading scene stuff, helping out in the Forums or IRC, just taking part.

Not doing the above just so they can get something out of it at the end of the day, so they can use that to gain something for themselves.

but we all know that will never happen, ok their are some that will do it for the good of the community, but those are very few and far between, and every tracker out there have the traders and cheaters, i dont care what tracker you are, so every way we have tried to get good members, does not work, but yet if a tracker is completely closed, and no invites, no way to get in, all we get is complaints, and its shit anyway, you are not missing anything.

I was viewing a chetaers forum the other day, went a few months back in their posts, "is it OK to cheat on BCG" answer, yes go for it, they are open, just sign up again. went to an earlier post from about 2 months back "is it ok to cheat on BCG" NO!! they are closed if you loose your account, there is no way to get back in, so do not cheat.

Why should members utilize their BW for the sake of members to get stuff and not seed back anything, but still not get banned, christ its not like we are asking much, and on BCG we even give them the SP system and they still bloody cheat, its enough to make any staffer bang their head against a brick bloody wall.

Now you may think why talking about cheats, in a trading thread, to me they both go hand in hand, ok not every cheater is a trader and vice versa, but if a cheater knows its easy to get back in with a trade, then they will cheat regardless, because they know they are going to get back in.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I say do an experiment. Close the trading section for about 2 to 3 months and see how Fst changes. If it changes for the worse than you can bring it back. It wouldn't hurt to try really.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast