Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Some Music News

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Russell Crowe just gives an impression that he is an ass. Thankfully I have never met him but that is how he comes off. This story is another example of his rudeness.

BTW I have listen to his band and personally I didn't think that he was that great of a singer.

2. Music   -   #42
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Korn fans...get ready...the new entirely self-produced Korn record, "Take a Look in the Mirror" will drop on 11/18. It won't be long until you can hear the brand new single on the air...and on the net.
    Korn's newest single "Let's Do This Now" will be premiered on the Ultimate Fighting Championships pay per view on September 26th!

It will be used as Tito Ortiz's walk in music for his championship bout against Randy Couture.
    *btw i've got this on PPV tomorrow...should be fun*

3. Music   -   #43
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Holy Valance has a hamroid prbolem I read

4. Music   -   #44
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Something i came across

Diana Tribute By Sinead O'Connor

Irish singer Sinead O’Connor is planning to retire from music with a big bang, by releasing a banned tribute song about Diana, Princess Of Wales. ‘Brigidine Diana’, which Sinead describes as a "reaction to the Elton John ‘Candle In The Wind’ track", was banned from the official Diana tribute album because of its controversial lyrics - but 6 years after the princess' death Sinead is determined it will be heard. O'Connor, who is three months pregnant, has put the track on her farewell album ‘She Who Dwells’. As well as an antithesis of Elton John's Diana song, which she "personally strongly objected to", ‘Brigidine’ Diana pays tributes to the princess' sons Harry and William.

5. Music   -   #45
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    '80s Rock Icon Robert Palmer Dies in Paris
    By Leigh Johnson, Hollywood.com Staff

HOLLYWOOD, September 26, 2003 -- British singer and songwriter Robert Palmer, whose suave style and catchy songs helped define the 1980's rock scene, died of a heart attack in Paris early Friday, Reuters reports. He was 54.

The musician's death was sudden, a spokeswoman for his record company, Universal Music, told reporters in London. Seemingly in the best of health, Palmer had been visiting Paris with companion Mary Ambrose, taking a break after a recording session in London for Yorkshire Television. He had been living in Switzerland for the last 16 years, and is survived by two children from an early marriage.

Story continues below

Palmer's first hit album and single was "Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley," in 1974. He followed that with 1979's hit single, "Bad Case of Loving You." But the '80s were particularly kind to the singer, who scored big during that decade with "Addicted to Love" and "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On," from his 1985 solo album Riptide, and "Simply Irresistible," from 1988's Heavy Nova. But the '80s audience identified the singer as much with his slick onscreen presence in his music videos as with his music: the immensely popular video for "Addicted to Love" featured several unforgettable female background dancers, guitarists and singers, all with long legs, red lips and very short, tight skirts.

In 1985, the singer also fronted Power Station, which he formed with Duran Duran members John Taylor and Andy Taylor. The group had three hit singles, including "Some Like It Hot," "Get It On (Bang a Gong)" and "Communication." According to MTV, Palmer left the band just before their tour was set to begin, and instead recorded Riptide.

The son of a British naval officer, Palmer (born Alan Palmer) spent his early years in Malta with no TV. He spent his time instead listening to the R&B and jazz that would influence him through most of his career and were particularly evident on his latest album, Drive.

6. Music   -   #46
    Another Update

You Am I Drop Label

ONE of Australia's most influential rock acts, You Am I, has split with major international record label BMG after its bosses refused to support an upcoming US tour.
    Like fellow Australian band silverchair, they will now create their own independent record label.

There has been interest in the band in the UK and US thanks to the burgeoning careers of new rock acts The Vines and Jet, who credit You Am I as the reason they decided to become musicians.

The rock quartet were scheduled to undertake their first headlining US tour in November in support of their album, Deliverance, which has received glowing reviews there.

"BMG refusing to help fund the tour was the straw that broke the camel's back," said the band's spokesman Todd Wagstaff.

"This was a crucial tour for the band because, for the first time, it coincided with an album release - instead of a year or two after - and we had great venues lined up."

BMG managing director Ed St John described the parting as sad but amicable.

"It saddens me ... that our financial commitment to the band has proven to be unsustainable," he said.

You Am I perform at The Metro tonight and tomorrow.

7. Music   -   #47
    The Australian Top 10 Albums This Week (for once it is decent)

1 1 27 1 INNOCENT EYES Delta Goodrem
    2 - NEW 2 RESULTS MAY VARY Limp Bizkit
    3 - NEW 3 THIRTEENTH STEP A Perfect Circle
    4 - NEW 4 THE LONG ROAD Nickelback
    5 4 2 4 HEAVIER THINGS John Mayer
    6 2 12 1 VULTURE STREET Powderfinger
    7 5 31 3 MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE Matchbox 20
    8 7 20 3 FALLEN Evanescence
    9 - NEW 9 DISTANT LIGHT Alex Lloyd
    10 3 2 3 GET BORN Jet

*will anything take down Delta from the top spot??...i mean not even limpbizkit or a perfect circle or nickelback or even Lloydy could take her down*

and im not gonna mention the Australian top 10 singles because it is a f*cking embarrasment...im just gonna say the no1...

1 Delta Goodrem - Not Me, Not I

*shes got both number ones again...and she's nominated for 10 Aria's...is their anything this girl can't do*

8. Music   -   #48
    BIG DAY OUT 2004

Bands

METALLICA
    The Strokes
    A Perfect Circle
    The Dandy Warhols
    The Flaming Lips
    The Mars Volta
    Basement Jaxx
    Peaches
    Black Eyed Peas
    Aphex Twin
    Luke Vibert
    The Hoodoo Gurus (Aus. Only)
    Gerling
    The Datsuns
    Jet (Aus. Only)
    Something For Kate (Aus. Only)
    Trey (Aus.Only)
    Magic Dirt (Aus. Only)
    The Butterfly Effect (Aus. Only)
    Downsyde (Aus. Only)

*2nd Announcement In A Months Time*

9. Music   -   #49
    Delta Beats Kylie

DELTA Goodrem has made chart history by scoring four No. 1 singles from one album.

The record was previously held by Kylie Minogue, whose 1987-88 album Kylie had three consecutive Australian No. 1s – Locomotion, I Should Be So Lucky, and Got to Be Certain.

Goodrem's latest single, Not Me, Not I, yesterday went to the top. It was the fourth single from her Innocent Eyes debut to do so.

Born to Try, Lost Without You and Innocent Eyes have all reached pole position.

It is an amazing achievement for the 18-year-old who has taken a break from music to battle cancer.

Goodrem last week blitzed the nominations for this year's ARIA awards with 10 nods – the first female to receive so many in a single year.

Innocent Eyes remains No. 1 on the Australian album chart this week.

The album has now spent a remarkable 19 weeks at No. 1, matching Savage Garden's self-titled album which spent 19 weeks at No. 1 in 1997.

Shania Twain's Come On Over spent 20 weeks at No. 1 and John Farnham's Whispering Jack was No. 1 for 25 weeks.

Dire Straits' Brothers In Arms spent a record 34 weeks at No. 1.

Goodrem's Innocent Eyes single also became her third UK Top 10 hit this week.

Goodrem hopes to attend the ARIA awards on October 21, but is unlikely to perform on the night.

10. Music   -   #50
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    wow that is big news sucko kyle at least deltra writes her own shit and can sing unliek Kyle

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast