Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Some Music News

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Eeeek i been busy with other stuff lately...anyways a few news bits...

Love Into Rehab Again...
    Rocker COURTNEY LOVE has decided to enter rehab following a suspected drug overdose last week. The former Hole front woman has reportedly confessed to pals that she has a problem, and is now determined to sort herself out. An insider tells British tabloid The Daily Sport, "This is so long overdue. She now appears to be taking the first steps to clean up her act." Courtney's husband Kurt Cobain died by shooting himself in the head after using heroin in 1994, leaving her to raise their daughter Framces Bean alone.
    New Fatboy Silm Album
    Dance maestro FATBOY SLIM is going for a different sound on his upcoming album - by teaming up with Blacklicious star Lateff. The new project, a follow-up to 2000's critically acclaimed ‘Halfway Between The Gutter And The Stars’, will be a departure from the previous album, featuring less house music and more hip-hop. In addition to collaborating with Blackalicious, the British star will also team up with Blur front man Damon Albarn and funk legend Bootsy Collins. The album has yet to be given a title and release date.
    Will Smith's New Album
    Rapper-turned-actor Will Smith has bounced back after dropped by record label Sony, he has a new album ready for release. After first shooting to fame as part of 80s rap duo Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Smith went solo and topped the charts with tracks like Men In Black. Sony dropped him earlier this year after a series of chart flops, but multi-talented Smith hasn't been put off - he's readied an entire record of new material, which he plans to release without the help of big music labels. He says, "I am recording now and my album is just about ready. I am sort of waiting to see how things fall in the music industry. My contract was up with Sony. I am looking at a few different outlets, I am thinking about using the internet, doing something special. Films really pay the bills well so I enjoy making them. But if all things were even, I would absolutely choose music over film-making. When you make a film it's really a director's medium, but when I make an album it is about me, what I think, what I feel."
    Posh's Rap Career Gone
    Damon Dash has launched a blistering attack on his new signing Victoria Beckham's record company Telstar, describing them as "the dumbest motherf***ers I've ever worked with". The Rocawear hip hop svengali is furious after Telstar objected to his attempts to turn the former Spice Girl into a rap star, and are refusing to release the album they have recorded together.

Dash fumes, "Victoria's record label Telstar is retarded. They are the dumbest motherf***ers I have ever worked with. They are a load of s***. They don't know what they're doing. I could buy Telstar if I wanted to but why would I?" A Telstar insider retorts, "It's just sour grapes. We don't like the album. It isn't what we want and we prefer her other material. He's now trying to flog it."

2. Music   -   #62
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Courtney flashed her tits in front of me it was good at the BDO

3. Music   -   #63
    old school
    80s Bands Making Comebacks

The 1980s fashion has already been resurrected with the reemergence of leg warmers, parachute pants and ripped T-shirts, and it looks like the music is next.

Several bands famous in the '80s are working on and releasing albums in the coming months.

Roland Orzabel and Curt Smith are joining back together and reforming Tears for Fears. Smith left the band in 1991 and Orzabel continued it until 1995. Now they've signed a recording contract with Arista Records. A new album is expected in the spring.

Europe, the poodle-haired 1980s rock band from Sweden, is also recording an album with new material, and a world tour is planned. The group is known for its hit "The Final Countdown."

"After the first band jam in years it felt so right, like we've just been away for a lunch break," drummer Ian Haugland said recently.

Singer Joey Tempest said the new music is "fresh and hard but still with the typical Europe melodies in focus."

Europe split up in 1992. They reunited for a millennium concert in Stockholm on New Year's Eve 1999.

American rockers are getting back in the limelight as well.

Bob Seger, whose tune "Old Time Rock 'n' Roll" was an '80s staple, is releasing "Greatest Hits 2," Nov. 4, which will include "Katmandu" and "Shakedown," and will also feature three songs previously unavailable on a Seger album, plus two bonus videos.

And former 80s punk-girl Cyndi Lauper is teaming up with Tony Bennett and Stevie Wonder for her new album "At Last," which will feature her versions of standards such as "Makin Whoopee," "Stay," and "Walk On By."

4. Music   -   #64
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Some more music news for you guys...

Oringinal Beach Boy
    Justices have refused to hear an appeal from Beach Boys founding member Alan Jardine, who fought a court order barring him from using the term 'Beach Boys' in his touring band. The dispute arose from a split among the surviving members of the California surf band. In 1998, Jardine began touring as Beach Boys Family and Friends and as other names that included 'Beach Boys'. He owns a quarter of the corporation formed to hold the Beach Boys trademark, but did not have the company's permission to use the band's name. Jardine contends he formed his separate touring band after former band mate Mike Love refused to tour with him.
    No Record Label For Duran Duran
    Plans by 80s pop sensations Duran Duran to re-conquer the charts have hit an obstacle – they can't get a record label to sign them. The veteran five-piece have never split and after a recent surge in interest - they picked up lifetime achievement awards at August's MTV Video Music Awards and this week's Q Magazine Awards - they are desperate to relive their heyday.

The band, Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, Andy Taylor, Roger Taylor and John Taylor, have even written a new album, which they feel, includes some of their most exciting work to date. But assist John grumbles, "We still haven't been signed. There is some interest but it is not as easy as we might have expected. We have got an album of material written but we realise that we might only end up getting to put one single out. Record companies are very cautious these days and no matter who you are they are very careful about taking risks." A music industry insider adds, "You might think that record labels would be clamouring to sign up Duran Duran, but while their greatest hits might sell phenomenally well there is no guarantee that their new stuff will appeal to a new generation."

5. Music   -   #65
    old school
    NOFX DVD OUT NOW!
      “Ten Years of Fucking Up” is now available on DVD and this updated version comes with bonus commentary from NOFX and the Vandals.  Throw this thing on at a party and you’re sure to clear the room.  You can order now from Fat mailorder for a mere 10 bones, or you can see an e-card:

http://www.fatwreck.com/junk/10years.htm

6. Music   -   #66
    10 years after f*cking up

7. Music   -   #67
    DELTA DVD

Delta
    Delta's first ever full length DVD includes over 2 hours of exclusive footage. See all her videos, including 'I Don't Care' and the never before seen video of 'A Year Ago Today'. Go behind the scenes with Delta at her video and photo shoots and be on the road with her in the UK and Europe. Also featured are great live performances, loads of photos, and heaps more extras! 'Delta' is the must own DVD of the year.

Scene selection:

- Live
    V HQ, London Showcase, Bali Appeal, Ch V Music Bus, Celebrate Xmas concert

- Clips
    Born To Try, Lost Without You, Innocent Eyes, Not Me Not I, I Don't Care, A Year Ago Today

- Behind The scenes
    At video clips, photo shoots, London / Euro promo

- Growing up
    Early performances, skiing, playing basketball

- Extras
    EPK, Out Takes, Photo Gallery

8. Music   -   #68
    is she nude otherwise I dont want tit

9. Music   -   #69
    old school
    Originally posted by Adster@9 October 2003 - 02:11
    10 years after f*cking up
    been almost 20 by now

17 or 18 maybe

10. Music   -   #70
    Originally posted by Adster@9 October 2003 - 11:14
    is she nude otherwise I dont want tit
    No...you pervert

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast