Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shady advertising on SuperTorrents

Quote Originally Posted by Islander_IBG View Post

and he's a freaking money whore who has thousands of $$ already in his pocket and a freeari and 2 benz cars now with him , all of those cause of the site doantions...

fucker shit ST...
    I really hope you dont believe that

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Thanks for the warning, Detale. Although I'm not a member of this ST.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I do remember the NFO wars there and when some staff left sure. The thing is the PM's are still going out and no one has disputed it? I didn't even get a straight answer when I asked why the split.
    hi yes its legit and why the move well to bring you the user a quality torrent site and actually care about you and the site unlike ersan who takes all your donations and puts it in his bank and torrent sites are not for profit there to put all donations back into the site improving it for you guys
    Now I usually don't initially believe the crap about donation abuse or even care TBH. As long as they keep the site going good for them if they make some extra cash, shit why not. My problem here is that no other staff has said a word. Hmmmm Maybe it's a mutiny??

If Ersan has a Ferrari and 2 Benz's good for him but I doubt he made all that from ST donations. It's just not realistic.
    Its certainly very strange. There's a newly registered user with the id "fuall" posted links to this new site in various places on here yesterday; I reckon I'm inclined to believe it is another staff split from ST rather than some sort of hack, a "mutiny" as you say. It wouldn't be very suprising really - like you I'm not that bothered about what people do with donations per-see, as long as the prime intention is to support the site, but from what I saw on ST before leaving, Ersan wasn't putting anything back into the place at all. Member's queries going unanswered, popular torrents not being upped at all or coming very very late, a total lack of site or feature development etc etc. I remember one of the old sysops, who seemed a decent bloke, posting on there about how he had to quit due to getting no response or action on site-related issues from the owner at all. The thing you mentioned about no other staff saying a word about this - that's what its been like on there with everything else for a long time. Basically it only seemed to be continuing to run to be used as a cash-cow - which is a real shame as it used to be a good site.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander_IBG View Post

and he's a freaking money whore who has thousands of $$ already in his pocket and a freeari and 2 benz cars now with him , all of those cause of the site doantions...

fucker shit ST...
    I really hope you dont believe that
    Haha, totally, that's just a silly exaggeration and not realistic at all. the owner running the site into the ground, not caring about the members, and only keeping it open for profit = believable. Ferraris and Mercs from donations, and $18k/month, is a massive distortion of what was in the "SuperTorrents.Got.Owned...." scene notice;

It was supposed to be a Lexus, and when the site was hacked during that scene nonsense they apparently found $2054.28 in the donations account (and donated it to somewhere else). http://de.pastebin.ca/835038. Slightly different from ferraris and $200k/year.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    hayden61108's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    wow interesting stuff

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    update on story
    Stories of the weird: What’s the worst thing that a private tracker administrator could do? Steal donations? No. Hack the site? Maybe. Worse yet, an admin could blatantly promote his new startup tracker (and diss the current one), naturally! Well, that’s what happened to Fuall - a (now ex) administrator on SuperTorrents. We’re guessing he saw the writing on the wall, and decided to use his privileges at ST to send a mass PM to all members - in order to promote his brand-new tracker, all the while asking ST members to delete their accounts. It’s somewhat of a comical tale - it originally appeared as a hack, when in fact it was a just a disgruntled admin who had one foot out the door anyways. PreToMe & Funfile, eat your hearts out.

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    The site is great. Great speeds, great pre-times, great staff.
    Detale I take it you have no other sites to say such bullshit? WTF! The site is crap and has no reason for it, they have connections to people in the scene, they have the money, they have the user base. Let still they provide fuck all, they have even stopped using their own seedbox to upload stuff, relaying on other people to give the site content and fill the pockets of ErSan. Now lets all use our seedboxes together to DDoS ST....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12