Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One or More files exceed filesystem size limit

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Maybe some of us actually have limited storage space and don't want the files to take twice the space. I love scene/non scene unrared uploads.

How did you draw the conclusion that rar-ing files compresses them to half their size?!
    Zipping files doesn't give you even close to that percentage of saved space. I had the impression the scene rar-ed data for easier transportation, to reduce data corrupted, or to maintain a standard.
    it depends what is is.

Movies = virtually no compression.
    Music = Virtually no compression
    Some games = Virtually no compression
    Lots of games = a hell of a lot of compression.

Roms = great compression when you have a lot of them with 7-zip
    Wii Scrubbed games = a lot because all the duff data has been removed, you may see Wii Scrubbed games at 500meg, unrar them and they will be 4.62gig ISO.

I remember years ago i done Breakout on the PS1, 700meg CD image, rared it and it went down to 8meg lol

So it all depends what it is, The scene do it for FTP Transfers, and also Usenet does not really accept big files, they do but its frowned upon, so you have to rar split them and add pars for usenet.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Maybe some of us actually have limited storage space and don't want the files to take twice the space. I love scene/non scene unrared uploads.
    How did you draw the conclusion that rar-ing files compresses them to half their size?! Zipping files doesn't give you even close to that percentage of saved space. I had the impression the scene rar-ed data for easier transportation, to reduce data corrupted, or to maintain a standard.
    I think you misread what he said (I know I did). He said he loves UNrar'd uploads because they save space (you don't have to have double the space to extract)

Anywho, good points all around either way.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by austin316 View Post
    why do the stupid retard uploaders upload the whole sh*t in one big file instead of several rars like the way people normally do it?

What a bunch of retard newbie uploaders!!!!!!!!

+1000.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I meant that I don't have to have the rared files so I can seed them and the actual files that I use (I unrar movies and watch them with VLC, I havent' had good experience with BS player).

Lol, thanks for defending me, stoi.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12